Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Ok u Gun owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
Just shoot and ask questions later.

Old 07-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kstrooz is an unknown quantity at this point
FNP-45 Tactical is an outstanding .45 caliber pistol.
For a heavier weapon, I enjoy my Kimber Raptor II .45

If you are a new gun owner, gun fanatic, or just want something new: Glock's are always easy to use, clean, solid, durable, and safe.

Look forward to hearing what you end up with.

Old 07-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kstrooz
FNP-45 Tactical is an outstanding .45 caliber pistol.
For a heavier weapon, I enjoy my Kimber Raptor II .45

If you are a new gun owner, gun fanatic, or just want something new: Glock's are always easy to use, clean, solid, durable, and safe.

Look forward to hearing what you end up with.
My wife's gun is a Kimber SS Raptor II in 45acp. The fit and finish isn't the quality of my other 1911s but it operates very smooth and eats any ammo its been fed reliably. Great gun for the price!

Old 07-10-2012, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Sechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond reputeSechsgang has a reputation beyond repute
I will say a relatively new gun that came out that I was INCREDIBLY impressed with minus a small magazine issue (last round wouldnt feed but the slide would lock back so a normal tac reload was easy to go through with) was the new Para Ordinance Spec-Ops/Tactical. As tacticool as the crappy name is, the gun is incredibly slick(what a trigger!!!) and well built. Para relatively recently has had some upgrades in company quality and damn it shows in their new products. The best part was 14+1 capacity of .45...and WAY CONTROLLABLE. We were running drills with that thing nearly as fast as with the glocks and m&ps we were using only every hit carried loads more kenetic energy...not bad in my book!

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: Products

Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kstrooz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by b9ev
My wife's gun is a Kimber SS Raptor II in 45acp. The fit and finish isn't the quality of my other 1911s but it operates very smooth and eats any ammo its been fed reliably. Great gun for the price!
I can definitely see the comment relating to fit being accurate. I've been impressed however with the craftsmanship of the gun. Not sure if that is what you mean about finish. Either way, +2 for a 1911 so far!

Old 07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
b9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond reputeb9ev has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kstrooz
I can definitely see the comment relating to fit being accurate. I've been impressed however with the craftsmanship of the gun. Not sure if that is what you mean about finish. Either way, +2 for a 1911 so far!
The finish has a lot to do with some of the parts being molded rather than machined, the backstrap appears to be plastic, and the serrations need to be dehorned a bit more. That said, those are very minor things that would likely not be noticed by most.

I am the one that gave that gun to my wife because it is absolutely beautiful and reliable. The only change that we have made is the addition of Aluma grips for better control.

Old 07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
I hate being the voice of reason but. The best gun is the one that you practice with and can use profeciatly without hurting yourself or use in a unsafe manner.

Personally shotgun for me, I don't really care about brand just as long as it is reliable. Shorter barrel can be nice but again take it out and shoot skeet a few times a year and the longer barrel will feel nice. Shell's are cheap, plently of power and if you cannot get your point across with a shotgun something is wrong.

Mossberg makes a modular shotgn now that's pretty decent. You can swap in a hunting barrel, change the stock to something a little more taticool looking. Lots of differnt mounts, and I think it has a mid barrel site mark which I like.

Will fix my spelling later.

Last edited by Wearymicrobe; 07-11-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
TheAmericanStig is an unknown quantity at this point
A handgun in the house with kids (or a wife) who doesn't know how to safely and effectively use it is more dangerous than one without. Obviously, you need to proficient in using it, understand how to use it (good shoot vs. bad shoot), know and follow local laws, as well as keep it securely stored - or at least accessible if it is hidden.

THAT being said. I think the only choice in what kind of handgun should be your choice. Find someone who has a few or even better go rent some for a day and see what YOU like. I think Glock and HK make the best handguns out there. SIG also makes great weapons (I like shooting them better). Anything outside of those three I think are novelty items. I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for that, but S&W does NOT have a proven track history with semiautos, and the 1911 is an outdated design. (Mind you, I am talking self defense COMBAT weapons - not leisure weapons designed for plinking).

Best bets: Glock 19 (9mm, low ammo cost, lots of rounds downrange, low recoil, mid size perfect if you ever want to carry)

SIG P226 (More expensive, but for me personally a better gun. It is NOT as reliable as the Glock, but I doubt you will ever come close to reaching those limits).

Old 07-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TheAmericanStig
A handgun in the house with kids (or a wife) who doesn't know how to safely and effectively use it is more dangerous than one without. Obviously, you need to proficient in using it, understand how to use it (good shoot vs. bad shoot), know and follow local laws, as well as keep it securely stored - or at least accessible if it is hidden.

THAT being said. I think the only choice in what kind of handgun should be your choice. Find someone who has a few or even better go rent some for a day and see what YOU like. I think Glock and HK make the best handguns out there. SIG also makes great weapons (I like shooting them better). Anything outside of those three I think are novelty items. I'm sure I'll take a lot of heat for that, but S&W does NOT have a proven track history with semiautos, and the 1911 is an outdated design. (Mind you, I am talking self defense COMBAT weapons - not leisure weapons designed for plinking).

Best bets: Glock 19 (9mm, low ammo cost, lots of rounds downrange, low recoil, mid size perfect if you ever want to carry)

SIG P226 (More expensive, but for me personally a better gun. It is NOT as reliable as the Glock, but I doubt you will ever come close to reaching those limits).
OK I had to LOL at this... the 1911 is not a suitable combat weapon? The reason the design is so durable (aka "outdated") is because it WORKS. If I had to pick ONE pistol to have, it'd be a Glock 19 - A) because 9mm is everywhere, B) high capacity, and C) they are nearly indestructible. But since zombie apocalypses, nuclear survival, etc. are all nonsense, I'll stick to my rusty, dusty 1911s...

Old 07-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
OK I had to LOL at this... the 1911 is not a suitable combat weapon? The reason the design is so durable (aka "outdated") is because it WORKS. If I had to pick ONE pistol to have, it'd be a Glock 19 - A) because 9mm is everywhere, B) high capacity, and C) they are nearly indestructible. But since zombie apocalypses, nuclear survival, etc. are all nonsense, I'll stick to my rusty, dusty 1911s...
Hey this guy is a real deal combat killer lol

Quick Reply: Ok u Gun owners