Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

I think I'm gonna buy me one of these here guns...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I would be the worst at that. I would love to do it though.

I know I could get better though. Then it would be awesome/fun to be timed. I want to go to a range and do some shooting. Right now.

Not the shooting with a camera... That I normally do.

Also, I dislike the duck-wing...

If I ever do it, I hereby give my permission to whomever witnesses it to correct my action accordingly.

Also either of these deserve corrective action too.

I don't quite know what the personal flotation device is for, but if it makes you feel BA...

Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
See, there is nothing more accurate than a assault rifle held upside down and over your head... The guy has got skillz....

Old 01-07-2011, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Curvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond reputeCurvejunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Scott in Houston
Found a good video of what a match looks like...

YouTube - Area 6 Multigun: The Atlanta Collegiate Competition Shooters
I wonder how California shooters deal w/magazine restrictions on the AR rifles? Only ten rounds and a bullet button must be quite the time killer.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:01 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
I have changed my mind on rifle. I'm now likely to get the Colt 6920 or 6940.
It's a little more heavy-duty than the Rock River items that I posted above.

I can get a 6920 for $1100 with a "free" quad rail. It comes with iron sites too.

I'm thinking that might be the way to go now.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by O2Supply
Also either of these deserve corrective action too.

I don't quite know what the personal flotation device is for, but if it makes you feel BA...
Don't you know??? Life jackets SAVE your LIFE!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 01:21 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Don't you know??? Life jackets SAVE your LIFE!!!
Maybe he's a pirate on the side?

Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have changed my mind on rifle. I'm now likely to get the Colt 6920 or 6940.
It's a little more heavy-duty than the Rock River items that I posted above.

I can get a 6920 for $1100 with a "free" quad rail. It comes with iron sites too.

I'm thinking that might be the way to go now.
K...
Now I have a statement... Say no to Colt...
They tend to be built with loose tolerances. Ask any Infantryman about how they learned to "twist" their rifle so that it felt firm.

I'm telling ya... Look at Daniel Defense. Stag Arms. They are built better than the Colts. Incidentally, Stag makes many of the lowers for Colt. You can get the DD from Gun Broker for a grand, with a rail, and BUIS.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:33 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by chokeu2
K...
Now I have a statement... Say no to Colt...
They tend to be built with loose tolerances. Ask any Infantryman about how they learned to "twist" their rifle so that it felt firm.

I'm telling ya... Look at Daniel Defense. Stag Arms. They are built better than the Colts. Incidentally, Stag makes many of the lowers for Colt. You can get the DD from Gun Broker for a grand, with a rail, and BUIS.
Really? That surprises me. I hear so many talk just the opposite...

Would you consider the RRA that I was considering better or worse than the Colt?

Off to do more research before I buy.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Really? That surprises me. I hear so many talk just the opposite...

Would you consider the RRA that I was considering better or worse than the Colt?

Off to do more research before I buy.
Ive also heard good things about DD and Stag.

I bought a Spike soley for pricing, and i couldnt find any bad reviews on it.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
I will 2nd Choke's statement. DO NOT buy COLT. RR, Stag, or any of the others are better.