Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Why was the AR thread closed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 10:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
CarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond reputeCarbonCycles has a reputation beyond repute
Why was the AR thread closed?

I'm not sure why the other thread was closed. IMO nothing illegal or shady was being discussed:
-OP would not be able to afford most if any Class 3 items with a 3k budget; he would have found that out pretty quickly.
-OP was told to go do his homework regarding suppressors, which actually have their place such as shooting w/out wearing the burdensome hearing protection or some places in the UK actually mandate the use of suppressors for hunting to limit the sound pollution. Choke, I'm going to have to disagree w/ you on stating someone owning/purchasing a suppressor is shady. I personally am more concerned w/ folks owning 50 cal anti-armor/material weapons.

All the information being presented can be easily and readily found on the web. If anything, it might have helped the OP from making a very silly and expensive mistake.

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but the closing of a thread and you guys coming down pretty hard on the guy worries me. Yes, I understand this is a private site, and if that is the way DJ wants it, then fine I respect that. There are a lot of avid shooters on this site, and I think you guys would agree that big-boy rules apply...

Old 03-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Noel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud ofNoel has much to be proud of
I apologize if my post was inappropriate. I was merely just trying to inquire about my options. I never had any intention of purchasing or obtaining a fully automatic rifle, but rather was under the impression you needed a class III tax stamp to purchase a suppressor. Didn't know a suppressor made me look like a dickbag. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
You don't look like a dick bag Noel for inquiring about a suppressor.

The close was temporary, because sadly, we had to consider legal implications.

I'll open it back up.