Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

LAPD deployed 30 cops+helo for legal Open Carriers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Seriously?? Dammit, now I'm starting to understand this asshole from the vid a bit. I still think the way he went about protesting was out of line and was not beneficial to the rest of the gun owning community.
LA county has issued CCW to people like Ben Afleck, Rambo, etc. But no regular law abiding citizen have succeded in getting one since like, ever.

They just passed the ammo registration law, and the microstamping law was also passed.

How much more would you suggest that this said asshole in the video should take? And if the anti's can be so blatant in restricting our rights, then it is time to fight back, and I applaud the guy for doing it.

In fact, they are daring the anti's to try to ban open unloaded carry, which would then force a Constitutional challenge, as was done in Ohio. Ohio is now shall issue because of the same tactic.

Same is being done in WI. Remember the guy who had a pistol on his holster in his front yard gardening and was arrested for "disturbing the peace" even though it is legal to open carry, and he was on his property?

How much more should we let the anti's get away with violating our rights?

Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
No one is saying you can't arm yourselves, but there is nothing wrong with concealing the weapon to avoid causing panic in public areas. Yes, having them call ahead is absurd and unconstitutional, but the reality is weapons make a lot of people uncomfortable (non-liberals included), open carrying in a public and crowded place is going to make people nervous.
This is precisely why they are openly carrying.

Lee Baca does not issue CCW's to regular ole you and I. He gave one to Ben Afleck, and one to Rambo. But us little people don't get to have it.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
I'm torn a little on this. On the one hand, there's no way for the population to resist the natural tendency of government to limit personal freedom over time, other than to probe the outer boundaries of those freedoms. That said, there's nothing more annoying than some single-issue blowhard who devotes their life to pushing one message down everyone's throats.

If, instead of championing the controversial issue of gun ownership within the limits of the freedom afforded by the Second Amendment, we were hearing about the Westboro Baptist Church championing the controversial issue of their views on homosexuality within the limits of the freedom afforded by the First Amendment, would we arrive at the same conclusion?*

*For any of you who support both the right to bear arms, and the suppression of the right to have sex with whomever you want (assuming they're of legal age), substitute 'a Gay Pride march' for the bit about the GHF folks.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Ara
But for 99% of the population here in Cali, there is no way to carry concealed legally.
I think it's hard for most people to imagine not being able to go down to a gun store and buy an AR15 with telescoping stock, pistol grip, plstic 20 or 30 rounder mag, flash hider, you know, to be able to buy a normal AR15.

I think it is also hard for most people outside of CA to comprehend that unless you are asshole liberal anti's politician like Feinstein, Petara, or celebrities like Rambo, Afleck, you don't get to have a CCW, period, end of story.

I wouldn't open carry, because it's too much for me to deal with, even with the resources at my disposal. But, I agree with their cause and applaud them for drawing a line in the sand. And will donate to their cause.

I am however, hopeful that the current un-liberalized SCOTUS will come to the right decision this June and incorporate the 2A and unleash a huge can of lawsuits on California so we can recover our 2A rights as American citizens.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Josh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond reputeJosh has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
Rambo

What is the deal with Stallone? You've mentioned him twice. He was one of the more vocal McCain supporters. Is he a two-faced waste of life like Schwarzenegger?

Old 01-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Josh
What is the deal with Stallone? You've mentioned him twice. He was one of the more vocal McCain supporters. Is he a two-faced waste of life like Schwarzenegger?
No idea. I was simply using him as an example of celebrities with CCW's in LA County.

I sometimes have really expensive equipment in my car for my clients, and would really love to have a CCW for this purpose.

But that is not good enough for Lee Baca to qualify for "good cause."

I have high hopes for McDonald with the current Roberts, Alito, Scalia, and Thomas makeup. It would be a sweet day in June when NRA and CGF unleash the lawsuits on California to recover our 2A rights.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by stuka
I think it's hard for most people to imagine not being able to go down to a gun store and buy an AR15 with telescoping stock, pistol grip, plstic 20 or 30 rounder mag, flash hider, you know, to be able to buy a normal AR15.

I think it is also hard for most people outside of CA to comprehend that unless you are asshole liberal anti's politician like Feinstein, Petara, or celebrities like Rambo, Afleck, you don't get to have a CCW, period, end of story.

I wouldn't open carry, because it's too much for me to deal with, even with the resources at my disposal. But, I agree with their cause and applaud them for drawing a line in the sand. And will donate to their cause.

I am however, hopeful that the current un-liberalized SCOTUS will come to the right decision this June and incorporate the 2A and unleash a huge can of lawsuits on California so we can recover our 2A rights as American citizens.
You can't get a CCW in NY either, it is unfortunate and I don't agree with it, but it is the law. Bottom line is, I wouldn't open carry a handgun into my own parent's house, it would make them and anyone else there uncomfortable.

Open carrying in LA is retarded, and quite frankly they are lucky some rookie cop didn't shoot them. I don't care what anyone says, if some 270lb guy, covered in tattoos with long hair walked into your office strapped you would be damn nervous, whether he was following the law or not.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
What were they expecting?

They were out there to make a point, and succeeded.

Old 01-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
Originally Posted by Zorro

Actually, the San Diego cops are much better. They a lot of times don't even respond to MWG if it's open carry because Open Carriers have been doing it for a lot longer down there, and the cops and the residents are used to it.

That is their goal here too. And LAPD better be careful, because CGF is just waiting for the McDonald rulings before taking on cases to force the issue on them and the state.

California wasn't always like this. Back in the early 90's you could bring empty shells from your weekend rifle outing with your dad in elementary school without the school threatening to expel you or call the cops.

You could also have 50BMG rifles, class 3, and full featured AR's, AK's, and mags with more than 10 rounds back then.

This is what happens when the liberal anti guns' take over a state. It took less than 20 years for them to turn CA from a gun friendly state into Brady's wetdream.

Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro

Over your head bud.

Quick Reply: LAPD deployed 30 cops+helo for legal Open Carriers