Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Springfield G.I. .45 pricing and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not familar with Kahr, but for your price range, Springfield, Glock, and Sig have good reputations.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Overtaker
I'm not familar with Kahr, but for your price range, Springfield, Glock, and Sig have good reputations.
I've heard from a few TS members that they are a good option. A well respected gun dealer in my area was also supportive of them when my dad was buying a few months ago.

I think that a new Sig may be out of my price range to be honest. However, their Certified Pre-Owned guns may be an option. I assume this will make selection tougher.

Online (Hoss posted a link to an Arizona based gun dealer in another thread) I have seen new, 4" G.I. .45's for ~$500. This is substantially less expensive than a new Sig.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard good things about the CPO Sigs, it seems like a good value. Lately I have been looking at the P220 Carry and have considered CPO myself. Regardless of what you go with, when you decide to buy check out topgunsupply.com

I have purchased from them before and Tom is great to deal with. He carries a wide range of makes/models including Springfield, Glock, and Sig, and has some great prices.

Old 02-17-2009, 03:30 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
I've heard from a few TS members that they are a good option. A well respected gun dealer in my area was also supportive of them when my dad was buying a few months ago.

I think that a new Sig may be out of my price range to be honest. However, their Certified Pre-Owned guns may be an option. I assume this will make selection tougher.

Online (Hoss posted a link to an Arizona based gun dealer in another thread) I have seen new, 4" G.I. .45's for ~$500. This is substantially less expensive than a new Sig.
You cannot go wrong with the CPO sigs!!

Keep in mind, those are most likely guns that were duty weapons in police departments. Most duty guns barely get used. Then they're sent back to Sig, overhauled, even as a barely used gun, then turned out as new.

There is no reason to buy a new Sig unless you just want to say you got it new, or want a model that isn't CPO available.

Sames goes for the CPO'd Glocks.

Old 02-17-2009, 04:23 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Go for broke and get the M1A Scout like me.

Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Brett and Brian: Definitely an option that I'm considering. I mean, from what I've read, it is a meticulous process to certify these weapons. I feel very confident that they are in tip top shape, and the price difference is a big deal to me. I didn't realize that Glock did the CPO option as well. Definitely something to look into.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by stuka
Go for broke and get the M1A Scout like me.
Unsportsmanlike conduct right there!

Nice setup!

Old 02-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Unsportsmanlike conduct right there!

Nice setup!
Come on, you know you want the rifle that has been dispatching terrorists in Iraq to their 70 virgins after penetrating a few cinder blocks/concrete walls.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by stuka
Come on, you know you want the rifle that has been dispatching terrorists in Iraq to their 70 virgins after penetrating a few cinder blocks/concrete walls.
7.62 right?

I remember reading the comments of many Delta operators in Mark Bowden's Black Hawk Down. They said in Mogadishu, their .223 rounds sometimes seemed ineffective on the heavily drugged Somali fighters. However, Randy Shugart, with his often criticized heavy M14, was dropping guys with no problem.

Old 02-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
7.62 right?

I remember reading the comments of many Delta operators in Mark Bowden's Black Hawk Down. They said in Mogadishu, their .223 rounds sometimes seemed ineffective on the heavily drugged Somali fighters. However, Randy Shugart, with his often criticized heavy M14, was dropping guys with no problem.
Of course.

This is the same round that won WWII, as M14 is the evolution of the M1 Garand.

M1A is the civilian version of M14, since it has no select fire.

If I ever move out of this stupid ass state, I will probably get an EBR stock for it to make it easier for the mrs. The Sig 556 was mainly for her since it is way easier to handle than the heavier and bigger M1A Scout.

Like this:

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Springfield G.I. .45 pricing and opinions