Notices
The Team Speed Shooting Range The Guns, Ammunition, and General Personal Protection Discussion Forum.

Ummm guys I got sucked in on this one

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
Ummm guys I got sucked in on this one

Well I went to pickup some ammo today and I saw this sitting on the wall and I just couldn't resist. I know it's a toy without the SBR sticker and a Stock but after a couple of weeks of fun I will get that process rolling. I also think once SHTF those rules will be thrown out the window. It just is so cool, it looks like something I have dreamed about owning.

Anyway you cut it there is an upside potential from an investment point of view since this stuff will probably get banned. I have 24 hours to return it so feel free to unleash, I know it's coming to me. I'm sorry for becoming a total idiot consumer.

http://www.sigsauer.com/Products/Sho...&productid=245

Old 12-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
What exactly is the problem? Great purchase, imo.

Old 12-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ttgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond reputettgangsta has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hossfly
What exactly is the problem? Great purchase, imo.
Well after doing some research I got the feeling some people love them, and some think they are stupid. I obviously don't have anywhere near the knowledge you guys do, or some huge amount of combat experience, and I wasn't sure if I would post it and have 30 replies saying how stupid I am lol. This can be a tough crowd and I respect your guys opinions so if it was completely stupid for reasons x, y, and z and they made sense to me I would just return it.

Hoss I just don't know everything about this stuff and I try to listen as much as I can to the people like you that do. I try and do research and get a good idea of what I am doing, but I lack that expert knowledge and so I ask you guys! I guess I was just admitting that I could have made a mistake.

Last edited by ttgangsta; 12-11-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Nice pick-up. Wish I could buy that in Cali. Had to settle for this instead:

Old 12-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Reminds me of the old Olympic Arms OA-93. Cool little toy.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
One simple mod and it is no longer a toy

Old 12-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Coming Soon
Hossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond reputeHossfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Well after doing some research I got the feeling some people love them, and some think they are stupid. I obviously don't have anywhere near the knowledge you guys do, or some huge amount of combat experience, and I wasn't sure if I would post it and have 30 replies saying how stupid I am lol. This can be a tough crowd and I respect your guys opinions so if it was completely stupid for reasons x, y, and z and they made sense to me I would just return it.

Hoss I just don't know everything about this stuff and I try to listen as much as I can to the people like you that do. I try and do research and get a good idea of what I am doing, but I lack that expert knowledge and so I ask you guys! I guess I was just admitting that I could have made a mistake.
This may be a tough crowd, but I don't think anyone here is going to berate you for a gun purchase, especially something as evil as an anti-liberal Sig 556 pistol!

I've been looking for a good deal on one to do exactly what you intend to do with yours. There was one for sale at the last gun show for $1449 and a guy almost literally snatched it out of my hands and bought it before I could.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Official TS Crybaby - Forever
Ryan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond reputeRyan in SD has a reputation beyond repute
Thats pretty awesome! I bet it barks like a mofo.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
I was told its very loud and had lots of fire, how could I say no?

Hoss: One thing to remember, sometimes they try and sell them without the red-dot to lower the price. On sigs homepage the red-dot retails for $429, its not worth that at all, but nevertheless it probably has some re-sale value even if you put something else on so make sure they include that.

Last edited by ttgangsta; 12-11-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Coming Soon
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Hoss: One thing to remember, sometimes they try and sell them without the red-dot to lower the price. On sigs homepage the red-dot retails for $429, its not worth that at all, but nevertheless it probably has some re-sale value even if you put something else on so make sure they include that.
The guy at the show who had it marked $1449 was a distributor. I've only seen them close to that price at one other place in the past few months -- Bud's. IIRC, the one I saw at the show did not have the red dot.

Quick Reply: Ummm guys I got sucked in on this one