Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

World's Fastest Production Car: 265.7 mph (427.6 km/h) in 2 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
Well, regardless of the Lotus origins, if the car doesn't pass smog sniffer tests/all registration requirements, it cannot be a production car. Does it? If not, these records, although incredibly impressive, shouldn't count

This issue bothers a lot of people because we know manufacturers like Koenigsegg and Pagani have gone to extreme lengths (producing cars for crash tests, hours of paperwork, etc) to make their cars road legal, but now Hennessey can just come in with this and set "records" without any legalization of the cars et cetera.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Will_CA
Well, regardless of the Lotus origins, if the car doesn't pass smog sniffer tests/all registration requirements, it cannot be a production car. Does it? If not, these records, although incredibly impressive, shouldn't count

This issue bothers a lot of people because we know manufacturers like Koenigsegg and Pagani have gone to extreme lengths (producing cars for crash tests, hours of paperwork, etc) to make their cars road legal, but now Hennessey can just come in with this and set "records" without any legalization of the cars et cetera.
When I visited Mosler in 2011 we talked about the certification process. They recounted stories of what a massive headache it is. The good thing is, once the first model is ceritfied, each new model year or slight production change is just a bit easier. But that first federalization for the MT900S took Mosler at minimum two years if I recall correctly, and who knows how much cash.

It's hard to discount that effort, which is exactly why I believe one shouldn't play fast and loose with the definition of "production car", and the records attached to them.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
John would like to ask you, how long it takes to travel 2 mile or 265.7 mph set, the Venom GT. I have taken the time with a simple timer and the results are more than impressive:

~24" (1 mile) ~234 mph
~40" (2 mile) 265.7 mph

These numbers are close to reality, you have official data about it?.

I have no knowledge of the time it takes to reach Bugatti ~ 265 mph, but certainly it should be higher.

Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Teamspeed Member
bonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura about
Wow the haters are out tonight

Old 04-04-2013, 02:44 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
No ones hating...Mattjs has given credit for what the car n the guys at Hennesy has done. Just that its hard to accept it as a PRODUCTION car.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed Member
bonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura aboutbonneau13 has a spectacular aura about
Say what you will, they might not have produced everything on the car, but what company does these days? All Bugatti parts aren't in house..Ford GT has parts from a bunch of other companies. I'm not going to argue over this so save your breath, I think we can both agree they did an amazing job.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 AM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by bonneau13
Say what you will, they might not have produced everything on the car, but what company does these days? All Bugatti parts aren't in house..Ford GT has parts from a bunch of other companies. I'm not going to argue over this so save your breath, I think we can both agree they did an amazing job.
none ever said what john and the team have achived is nothing short of amazing.
Just feals abit odd that while other companies have to spend tons of cash and time to get accepted for CO exp and crashtestings etc. The venom is not there yet, once they have a vin of its own, done the required crash/co tests then i can take these reccords srsly.

I mean it might even be illigal in most countries if they do not have the right amount of co exposure etcetc.

So still in my book fastest (top speed) Veyron SS 267,8 mph. And fastest accelerating real production car Koenigsegg agera r.

Not hating just pointing out what needs to be into considiration.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Agreed,in my country,exhaust modification is illegal. So putting turbochargers into a Lotus,which is a NA car,is illegal,thus wil not pass inspection to be able to register it for the roads.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 AM
MrV
Teamspeed Member
MrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enoughMrV will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Sunkizz
Agreed,in my country,exhaust modification is illegal. So putting turbochargers into a Lotus,which is a NA car,is illegal,thus wil not pass inspection to be able to register it for the roads.
they are very strict all over europe aswell. So its not a car i think you will have a easy time to register over here.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:17 AM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Tango
John would like to ask you, how long it takes to travel 2 mile or 265.7 mph set, the Venom GT. I have taken the time with a simple timer and the results are more than impressive:

~24" (1 mile) ~234 mph
~40" (2 mile) 265.7 mph

These numbers are close to reality, you have official data about it?.

I have no knowledge of the time it takes to reach Bugatti ~ 265 mph, but certainly it should be higher.
Our best speed at the 1 mile was 238 mph. Detailed performance data may be coming out in a magazine article at some point in the future. Acceleration figures and standing mile speed is not as good as our Guinness record runs due to the bumpy runway for the first 1000 ft. One stat I can tell you is that the Venom GT ran 0-400 km/h (248.5 mph) in 26 sec. I've read that the Veyron Super Sport requires 50 sec. to hit 400 km/h.

Last edited by John Hennessey; 04-04-2013 at 09:21 AM.

Quick Reply: World's Fastest Production Car: 265.7 mph (427.6 km/h) in 2 Miles