Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

The best color on the Huayra...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Black, silver wheels. Simple, classic, elegant. Like a little black dress.

Plus, black is slimming.

Originally Posted by streetrod454
The Huayra is a "BIG" car with a much fuller body style than the Zonda, because of that it is much more sensitive to colour choice than the Zonda was. It’s a bit like comparing what a super model can ware and get away with and what a very attractive lady with a fuller figure can get away with. It’s not the same.
I realize I'm old school, but in my opinion, cars look best in gloss black. It camouflages the panel gaps, window moldings and wheel well spaces; you really see the car as the designer sketched it in his mind.

(I just saw the 2014 Corvette at the Chicago show last night and it's a real beast, WAY more dramatic live than in pictures. But all the black vents and gills on the red car just make it look too disjointed. I think when we see one in all black we'll get a lot of converts on the design.)

If you've ever seen the dramatic difference in a black Testarossa vs. a typical red one, you know what I'm talking about.

And yes, I just referenced the Testarossa. I told you I'm old school.

Old 02-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
The two richest-looking leather colors in my opinion:

Oxblood (sorry so small):

Espresso/cocoa: