Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
If someone ever gets 1600hp out 93 pump gas I will be astonished. The Venom GT and some UGR cars are pretty close but still about 350hp off. I think they really need a new platform, something a lot ligher. The day the Veyron can take a corner is the day I will stop considering it an extreme GT car. Wouldn't mind a new body still either, its not exactly a looker.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Will_CA
If someone ever gets 1600hp out 93 pump gas I will be astonished. The Venom GT and some UGR cars are pretty close but still about 350hp off. I think they really need a new platform, something a lot ligher. The day the Veyron can take a corner is the day I will stop considering it an extreme GT car. Wouldn't mind a new body still either, its not exactly a looker.
well it does...there were enough tests that proofed it handles pretty well, is easy to drive and has a lot of traction...it's no exige thats for sure but it does better than you claim

Old 11-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
I would assume an entirely new coupe chassis, to be able to meet the weight goal. All Veyron coupes are done anyway, we've been told. We should stop thinking of it as a "SuperVeyron", but rather an all-new car, the Veyron successor. Can they make it U.S.-legal?

Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
The emission will be very interesting, especially CA emissions, as there will definitely be buyers from out here.

And in reply to Maxtheone, compared to the Agera R, Huayra, or even another heavy 4wd car like the Aventador, the Veyron SS does not corner well.
Car and Driver reported on the skipad the Aventador pulled 1.07g while the Bugatti only managed .99g. And thats actually a pretty big difference.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Maxtheone You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
well I could quote another article now that says something different but thats not the point. What I'm saying is that everybody always claimed the Veyron can only go straight which is just not true...it's good enough in the corners to not to loose too much of the advance it made on the straight before...in comparison to cars like a cgt

Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Great work milano! hope they take in account some cues from your render.

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Darksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura aboutDarksider has a spectacular aura about
A 1600hp Bugatti makes little sense to me. The Veyrons problem wasn't the lack of power, it was the weight. Why not work on reducing the weight dramatically and increasing the power to weight ratio? Shedding 500-1000lbs would do the trick.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Darksider
A 1600hp Bugatti makes little sense to me. The Veyrons problem wasn't the lack of power, it was the weight. Why not work on reducing the weight dramatically and increasing the power to weight ratio? Shedding 500-1000lbs would do the trick.
Your suggestion is very honorable sir ;-) but unfourtunately unrealistic. The egine alone weighs over 1000lbs, plus 4 wheel drive, plus 7 speed DCT, plus all the cooling and so on and so on...there is no chance this car can really loose weight

Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to allMarkoRamius is a name known to all
I drove the new Vitesse on Thursday and asked the distinguished gentlemen from Bugatti about this new car they are supposedly working on -- they are saying the story is complete bollocks -- they are not working on a more powerful version because an additional 400 bhp would require a new gearbox, cooling systems, etc -- the picture is a photoshop from a Bugatti customer drive in Europe last year -- sorry boys, there isn't a more powerful Veyron coming

Old 11-10-2012, 06:21 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MarkoRamius
I drove the new Vitesse on Thursday and asked the distinguished gentlemen from Bugatti about this new car they are supposedly working on -- they are saying the story is complete bollocks -- they are not working on a more powerful version because an additional 400 bhp would require a new gearbox, cooling systems, etc -- the picture is a photoshop from a Bugatti customer drive in Europe last year -- sorry boys, there isn't a more powerful Veyron coming
Remember that few years back Bugatti rejected even the idea of making more powerful Veyron. They were denying rumors with passion and working on a 1200 SS with even more passion at same time. The history seems to repeat itself this time once again. They have quite a few Gran Sports they need to move, so of course they'll reject even a possibility of new car in the works. That's why I wouldn't believe that easily in everything Bugatti corporate says.

Quick Reply: 1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!