Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Originally Posted by dieter.manero
I think its just a rumor, Bugatti had a hard enough time to boost the performance for the SuperSort to 1200. Adding a extra 500 seems a bit far fetched.

Think I'll wait to hear from Bugatti.
+1, just cant see they veyron gettin an extra 500 hp overnight.

Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmw power
C'mon guys, why so skeptical? Maybe they added a cold air intake.

Sent from my communicator using Teamspeed.

Old 11-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bmw power
Essentially been confirmed by one of the big guns.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Teamspeed Member
FerrariWF is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Will_CA
BC from *** has stated this car is real and he has put his name down to get one. He's about as credible as it gets.

If all the figures are true, this thing will be crazy. It will blow everything out of the water. Will be interesting to see how other manufacturures possibly respond, the F70 and P1 and next engine or car from Koenigsegg will have to be otherwordly.
Pretty true. He announced the name Vitesse over 4 months before the name was publicly revealed and a lot of the specs accurately. If he says it's true I believe it. 1.anything 0-60 isn't going to happen but I could see a 2.0-2.2 second. Whatever the case I can't wait to see it!

Old 11-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Doing some phone calls.... Aparentlly the development started at the same time as the SS. So they had alot of time to reach the plus 500ps. Still some stuff that bothers me. How many minutes will the tires last at top speed? How many minutes before running out of fuel? Emissions? And the fact that there is no more coupe chassis..... I dont believe its gonna be a roadster. Maybe a (new) stand alone model?

Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 AM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
I think that this is very real. The only question is can they remove 500 lbs and bump power to 1600 hp on pump fuel? Yes, they can remove the weight but I will guess that this car will become something along the lines of Zonda R. Carbon doors, etc and quasi-race car and most likely not street legal. No way to make 1600 hp on 93 octane fuel, thus it will require race gas. Might be close on E85, but I doubt they go that route. This car will surely stir the pot if it comes to fruition. Probably a very limited run to collectors who wont be able to drive them on the street. It will be VERY quick and fast. But not the fastest.... It is still too heavy in my opinion. But it wont matter to anyone who drives it. Most people would piss their pants to drive a car with anything near 1 hp per kilogram of curb weight.

I'd also guess that this car is their final statement and a direct answer to the new Ferrari F70, Porsche 918 and McLaren P1. Ferry Piech is basically telling those guys that they will never beat them (Bugatti/VW) for fastest and most powerful supercar.

Last edited by John Hennessey; 11-03-2012 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
This is car is as real as it gets. Development just started, so all specs are only rumors as for now and I think that there's a bit of exaggeration in this article, but they're working on something pretty special. So special that in fact latest word is that it will not be named Veyron at all.

Old 11-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Erny is on a distinguished roadErny is on a distinguished road
The next car will be the Veyron successor, no special of.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
I remember reading someone that there will be a speedster version of the veyron, could be it but not too sure about it

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!D.Liu You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
People were skeptic of the engine power before, and they'll still be skeptic this time around. UGR puts out 1600+ HP with half the amount of turbos, I don't see why a huge company like VAG can't pull it off.

As for the weight loss, it didn't exactly start out as a lotus elise. It probably won't be as luxurious, but there's no question they can shave off some of that 4100+ pounds

Quick Reply: 1600hp Bugatti SuperVeyron planned for Frankfurt!