Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

One-off Koenigsegg Agera

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:08 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by exRockstar
Koenigsegg is far more advanced than Pagani in their road cars, and much more enginered focused than Pagani.
Would be interesting to hear how you came to that conclusion.

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
Simple. Take a REAL look at what Koenigsegg is from the technology showcase point of view is and compare it with Pagani or anyother brand. Just the engine alone in terms of technology and enginering is mesmorizing! And the best is still to come.

Old 10-24-2012 | 06:51 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
meatnpotatoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by The Artist
Would be interesting to hear how you came to that conclusion.
If you haven't already seen it, he goes into some detail in this video. Koenigsegg owns patents on a number of innovative technologies.

Also agreed with the above, as much as I love Pagani, you can't blame creating one offs as per customer's wishes as "copying".

At the end of the day, they're both amazing cars in their own rights.

Last edited by meatnpotatoz; 10-24-2012 at 06:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2012 | 07:08 PM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche chief developer for the 918 spyder said that the nurburgring is a great test of engineering and overall performance of the car, as it over 1 lap puts the car to test in situations which arise in everyday use and then some.

This is known by everyone in the car industry and even by wannabe car fans.

So to then claim that they are technically superior or better engineered than a pagani one must wonder how the 800 plus horse power CCX manages a far slower time than the 650 hp Zonda F clubsport around the N-ring with the same driver on the same day?

7:24.44 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport
7:33.6 Koenigsegg CCX

If still you claim them to be superior i must ask what they are doing wrong?

Imo they create a brutally fast straightline car..with little finess and extreme grunt..

If thats what you like in cars..by all means be happy.

But do not compare the engineering prowess needed to make a car go fast around the N ring..with a straight line test at Ehra Lessien or Nardo.

Now the Agera R was brought to the Ring, but all we got to hear was that it reached 402km/h..no lap time .. wonder why

Im willing to bet my bottom dollar that the 730hp Huayra is faster around the N ring than the 1100hp Agera R.

Should tell you something!

PS
And don't tell me its down to weight as the CCX comes in at 1180kg dry
and the Zonda F clubsport at 1230kg dry.

Old 10-24-2012 | 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
I agree with you, but I'm not talking about that. You were talking about the similarities or styling copy between brands. I told you that Koenigsegg has alot of tech and enginering on their cars, specially the engine that shows that in terms of enginering they are ages away from most of the brands. That ring time from the CCX is well know for being bad due to the ratios of the gear box. I would prefer that to in that same ring lap times the Zonda was called two times to a stop because there was always debries going to the fuel pump causing the shut down of the whole car/engine. I dont believe that a record time around the ring is all that it takes to resume a car. And i dont believe that and Agera would be worse than a Huayra even with the active aero advantage.

Old 10-24-2012 | 08:29 PM
Time Will tell

Old 10-25-2012 | 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
Will_CA is on a distinguished roadWill_CA is on a distinguished road
So to then claim that they are technically superior or better engineered than a pagani one must wonder how the 800 plus horse power CCX manages a far slower time than the 650 hp Zonda F clubsport around the N-ring with the same driver on the same day?

7:24.44 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport
7:33.6 Koenigsegg CCX

If still you claim them to be superior i must ask what they are doing wrong?

Imo they create a brutally fast straightline car..with little finess and extreme grunt..

If thats what you like in cars..by all means be happy.

But do not compare the engineering prowess needed to make a car go fast around the N ring..with a straight line test at Ehra Lessien or Nardo.

Now the Agera R was brought to the Ring, but all we got to hear was that it reached 402km/h..no lap time .. wonder why

Im willing to bet my bottom dollar that the 730hp Huayra is faster around the N ring than the 1100hp Agera R.

Should tell you something!

PS
And don't tell me its down to weight as the CCX comes in at 1180kg dry
and the Zonda F clubsport at 1230kg dry.
The day at the Ring was an event, not a private testing day where they can record serious lap times. It was mostly a photoshoot day, there's plenty videos and articles showing that. Even one with a Zonda F Clubsport. Plus the Agera R has much much much better suspension and aero than the CCX had, it can pull 1.6 lateral G's. Not to mention that the CCX beat the Zonda F round the Top Gear circuit. (Yea I know the first time it crashed but that was because the car they borrowed had the suspension setup completely off).

I think you greatly underestimate the circuit driving ability of the Koenigsegg.

On the subject of the original post, I hope this is real, but it seems pretty uncredible right now. That would mean we know of two more Agera R's in production, the other being a Purple and Gold model headed for Shanghai that was reported by Dan Neil.
With regard to Zonda's and Agera's having similar customizations, the blue carbon is seen in a lot of carbon body cars because currently blue is the only color the carbon can be tinted in, any other colors needs to be painted. The blue carbon color is almost the same as having the clear carbon finish.
Woot first post

Last edited by Will_CA; 10-25-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old 10-25-2012 | 06:24 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Will_CA
The day at the Ring was an event, not a private testing day where they can record serious lap times. It was mostly a photoshoot day, there's plenty videos and articles showing that. Even one with a Zonda F Clubsport. Plus the Agera R has much much much better suspension and aero than the CCX had, it can pull 1.6 lateral G's. Not to mention that the CCX beat the Zonda F round the Top Gear circuit. (Yea I know the first time it crashed but that was because the car they borrowed had the suspension setup completely off).

I think you greatly underestimate the circuit driving ability of the Koenigsegg.

On the subject of the original post, I hope this is real, but it seems pretty uncredible right now. That would mean we know of two more Agera R's in production, the other being a Purple and Gold model headed for Shanghai that was reported by Dan Neil.
With regard to Zonda's and Agera's having similar customizations, the blue carbon is seen in a lot of carbon body cars because currently blue is the only color the carbon can be tinted in, any other colors needs to be painted. The blue carbon color is almost the same as having the clear carbon finish.
Woot first post

The group test that was done a while ago where the Zonda F beat the CCX around the ring was a very good comparison. The cars were run on the same day using the same driver and the cars were all owned by the same guy that included the Enzo, The Porsche GT and the MC12. All the cars were in standard street trim so to complain that the CCX had the wrong gearing just does not stack up. On the day it lost plain and simple.

Now the Agera R apart from its straight line speeds has yet to post a time around the Ring that has been publicised, why is that considering the car has been out for over a year?

Hopefully at some point we will see a side by side test of the Huayra and the Agera at the ring, what we do know is that the Huayra is a lot quicker around a track than the Zonda, so that test could be very interesting.

The thing is that both of these cars are likely to be blown into the weeds if the words coming out of McLaren are to be believed. They are saying that with over 600KG of down force at 180 mph the new P1 will be hugely faster than any current or near future road car around a track.

So if Pagani or Koenigsegg want to grab some publicity they may want to do it soon before they get over shadowed by the P1 and possibly the new Enzo when it appears next year

Old 10-25-2012 | 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by streetrod454
The group test that was done a while ago where the Zonda F beat the CCX around the ring was a very good comparison. The cars were run on the same day using the same driver and the cars were all owned by the same guy that included the Enzo, The Porsche GT and the MC12. All the cars were in standard street trim so to complain that the CCX had the wrong gearing just does not stack up. On the day it lost plain and simple.

Now the Agera R apart from its straight line speeds has yet to post a time around the Ring that has been publicised, why is that considering the car has been out for over a year?

Hopefully at some point we will see a side by side test of the Huayra and the Agera at the ring, what we do know is that the Huayra is a lot quicker around a track than the Zonda, so that test could be very interesting.

The thing is that both of these cars are likely to be blown into the weeds if the words coming out of McLaren are to be believed. They are saying that with over 600KG of down force at 180 mph the new P1 will be hugely faster than any current or near future road car around a track.

So if Pagani or Koenigsegg want to grab some publicity they may want to do it soon before they get over shadowed by the P1 and possibly the new Enzo when it appears next year

And on the subject of being beaten by the P1 and Enzo..sure the normal huayra will be beaten, but the beauty of pagani and koenignegg is their constant upgrade of their cars.

The P1 will leave the same way it came..and so will the Enzo.

Great for the customers who buy them..
But from a enthusiast point of view its always thrilling with more hypercars

PS
The huayra pulled 1.66 lateral G

And the only laptime thus far posted for the huayra says something:

Variano test track:

1:12:00 Huayra
1:13:86 Aventador

Old 10-25-2012 | 07:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of

And on the subject of being beaten by the P1 and Enzo..sure the normal huayra will be beaten, but the beauty of pagani and koenignegg is their constant upgrade of their cars.

The P1 will leave the same way it came..and so will the Enzo.

Great for the customers who buy them..
But from a enthusiast point of view its always thrilling with more hypercars

PS
The huayra pulled 1.66 lateral G

And the only laptime thus far posted for the huayra says something:

Variano test track:

1:12:00 Huayra
1:13:86 Aventador

That lap time posted at Variano is interesting as that was a short track. I know its not a direct translation but if you transpose those times onto the Ring the Huayra is going to look a lot faster.

Koenigsegg need to get some lap times on the board

Quick Reply: One-off Koenigsegg Agera