Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

WSJ's Dan Neil on the Pagani Huayra

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:20 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Post WSJ's Dan Neil on the Pagani Huayra

WSJ's Dan Neil on the Pagani Huayra

Hey guys you got to read this, it has to be one of the best written car articles I've read in years. Big up to this journalist - Enjoy
Something strange is going on at Pagani Automobili. This is an outfit about the size of a Jiffy Lube, doing business on the Via dell'Artigianato—"the street of artisanal craftsmanship," if I parse it right—in Modena, the heart of Italian supercar country. In my two days at atelier Pagani, I did not see 20 souls. There's Luca, the press guy; a couple of receptionists; a few workers here, a couple of sons there; and Mrs. Pagani, who clicks across the polished floors in Milanese death heels. Where the hell is everybody?

Everybody else turns out to be one guy, Horacio Pagani, a mild, 56-year-old Argentine designer, carbon composites expert and savant of some kind, though I'm at a loss to say which kind. In fact, I would like to discuss Mr. Pagani's case with a clinical neuroscientist. Here is a man who, without benefit of formal education in aerodynamics or engineering—a European businessman who doesn't speak English, a designer who can't tell you what a PDF is—has managed to pluck from the naked air of his intellect this thing called the Pagani Huayra, a gull-winged, $1.2 million hypercar, a painterly masterpiece with comic book performance, a zero-altitude fighter jet and about the most radical way to get from Point A to 225 mph I've ever driven...
Follow for video and full review -> WSJ PAGANI ARTICLE

PS - I can't get the damn slideshow or video to work, maybe its due to being in Europe...let me know if any of you figure it out.

Name:  OB-UC206_webpag_H_20120808155014.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  124.4 KB

Old 08-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
chitosing is on a distinguished roadchitosing is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by The Artist
it has to be one of the best written car articles ive read in years..

Big up to this journalist..
+. Great piece.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Teamspeed Contributing Editor
Oversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond reputeOversteer Overlord has a reputation beyond repute
Dan Neil is a brilliant writer, no doubt.

But I wanted to read more about how the car feels behind the wheel rather than a homage to its technical brilliance.

Old 08-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Posts in the nude.
Mixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond reputeMixtape has a reputation beyond repute
"My neck may never walk again".
I'll be honest, i usually have trouble reading through an entire article but this was fantastic...great post!

Old 08-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Teamspeed Member
ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ZondaTricolore You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Awesome review, enjoyed every sentence. But man, some of the comments on the WSJ are idiotic.

Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
For the first time in my life, Imma write to the journalist and tell him I really enjoyed that

Any luck on that video or slide show ?

Old 08-11-2012, 11:47 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sebi is on a distinguished roadSebi is on a distinguished roadSebi is on a distinguished road
J'adore ca!

Old 08-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Wow..the video is up..that sucked majorly

Old 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with most, Dan
Neil has written a very nice article. Some data are curious to me, the Huayra (about 3.100 pounds, 700 + hp, 737 pound-feet of torque, 0-186 mph in About 18 seconds) that is almost 4 seconds slower than the Agera r. Due to its aerodynamic design so studied, I had more expectations on the performance of Huayra. But not lost hope, in another part of the article mentions 0-124 mph: 18 seconds (est.), so data seem merely illustrative. From his experience to drive very little, maybe a video soon.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:34 PM
^Wait for the real track times..those are just fictional figures

Quick Reply: WSJ's Dan Neil on the Pagani Huayra