Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

XJR-15 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 04:13 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
F16 TomCat is an unknown quantity at this point
F1GTRUeno....thanks for the feed back. My LM is only missing the roof scoop. Below is a picture of the car with the roof scoop in place. The marks from where it was mounted can be seen on the roof. I will probably have one made at some point, but the downside of fitting it is that it obliterates what is already limited rearward visability. In terms of power, I have some way to go before I get around to checking that. I am in the process of assessing the work that the car needs so I can plan the rebuild. What I can say is that the engine management and injection systems are different to both standard road cars and the race cars. I can’t comment on the spec of other LM cars but this one has additional injectors mounted on the inlet manifolds. These injectors are activated by a cam on the throttle mechanism. It looks as though the injectors are activated at about 4,000 revs, but that is just a guess based on the activation point on the throttle. Fuel flow and pressure can also be adjusted from inside the car.

Old 05-14-2013, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Roof scoop in place

Old 05-14-2013, 04:17 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
As I have already posted this picture, the system will not upload it again...sorry, you will have to go back through the postes to see the picture.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:25 PM
Teamspeed Member
F1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enoughF1GTRUeno will become famous soon enough
Ah I guess I'd missed the fact yours had the roof scoop. Good to know anyway.

Looking forward to the rebuild. Thanks again for sharing.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I came across a video on YouTube of the LM leaving Cliveden. Thought it might interest a few of the followers of the cars.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
The car sounds phenomenal. Thanks for all the updates. Truly one of the greats

Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by F16 TomCat
I came across a video on YouTube of the LM leaving Cliveden. Thought it might interest a few of the followers of the cars.

Cliveden meet - Jaguar XJR15 on the road - YouTube
It does sound completely mighty.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:54 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Take a look at this YouTube link. Justin Law putting an XJR 15 through its paces.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Boxer You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
That is a very impressive piece of driving.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:29 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
I agree, what a terrific bit of driving. But I think the story that goes with it is even more impressive. The car is a standard XJR-15 road car with a synchro 5 speed box, with no upgrades to speak of running on standard road tyres. What is really interesting is that the time set for the run was only 4 seconds slower than a race prepared XJ220 that pushes out 680 bhp.

Quick Reply: XJR-15 Restoration