Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011 | 12:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
mattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond repute
I truly hope they change the dash, that stupid T, looks like it's like thors hammer, and those rear lights... I hope they change them!

Old 12-22-2011 | 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enough
I really like the way the Venom GT looks. Off to read the article...

Old 12-23-2011 | 01:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
This fight about the Tuatara's looks is retarded. Especially the claim that only 1 in 10 think it is good. On TS as well as every other website I have been on is opposite that.
Either way the Tuatara almost outsold the Ultimate Aero in one day.
I love 90% of the exterior and 20% of the interior.

As for US legality, the UA was legal. Many were sold here as registered road cars. The Tuatara is going to be the same. The Hennessey isn't US legal now but is supposed to be in the future. We'll see.

Old 12-23-2011 | 01:51 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358
This fight about the Tuatara's looks is retarded. Especially the claim that only 1 in 10 think it is good. On TS as well as every other website I have been on is opposite that.
Either way the Tuatara almost outsold the Ultimate Aero in one day.
I love 90% of the exterior and 20% of the interior.

As for US legality, the UA was legal. Many were sold here as registered road cars. The Tuatara is going to be the same. The Hennessey isn't US legal now but is supposed to be in the future. We'll see.
There's 10-14 Tautura sold?
Wow

When do they start delivery?

Old 12-23-2011 | 09:14 AM
sox
Teamspeed Junior Member
sox is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by h20skier
There's 10-14 Tautura sold?
Wow

When do they start delivery?
They had ten confirmed sales at the Dubai show alone, and seeing as they gave 49 test drives at Macau, it would be reasonable to assume they picked up a few more sales there as well. Customer delivery has been slated for the beginning of 2013. Tuatara bodied prototypes should be on the road this spring.

Old 12-23-2011 | 09:37 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358
As for US legality, the UA was legal. Many were sold here as registered road cars.
If you say that the Ultimate Aero is U.S. legal, then the burden of proof lies with you. Because I have overwhelming evidence that it is not.

Remind me, why are U.S. sales of the Pagani Huayra being delayed? Has the Ultimate Aero received an exemption?

What's the Ultimate Aero's EPA rating?

Where can I find data on the Ultimate Aero's emmissions test?

Federal Register
Print the Fuel Economy Guide
Test Car List Data Files | Cars and Light Trucks | US EPA
Annual Certification Test Results & Data | Cars and Light Trucks | US EPA

I also challenge your claim that "many" were registered.

Old 12-23-2011 | 09:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
mattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond repute
It wasnt about mpg, it was about safety. The ultimate aero had airbags that passed usa regulations, the Hyarai (forget how to spell it) didnt. Thats mainly the reason why it is allowed in tothe usa, the hennesey doesnt seem to have the airbags or something idk.

Old 12-23-2011 | 09:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mattman4444
It wasnt about mpg, it was about safety. The ultimate aero had airbags that passed usa regulations, the Hyarai (forget how to spell it) didnt.
Since 2004 all manufacturers have been required to have "advanced" airbags in their automobiles. Small volume manufacturers could apply for a temporary exemption from this requirement. Go here Federal Register and search for the name of any exotic manufacturer you choose. You will find that many of them have required an exmeption for one or more of their models at some point in time. If you type in SSC or Shelby Supercars, you will not get any results.

So does it seem likely that the guys at SSC, working out of a shed in a backyard (check it on Google Earth), have somehow managed to acquire or develop advanced airbag technology, when Bugatti, Ferrari, Fisker, Koenigsegg, Lamborghini, Lotus, Morgan, Panoz, Pagani, Saleen, Spyker and Tesla all failed to do so?

Old 12-23-2011 | 10:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Interesting, this whole thing confuses me a bit, lamborghini, ferrari, bugatti, lotus* (excluding exige) and tesla have those airbag systems in development. To be honest, I think that ssc probably was exempt from those things, but then rules changed, because wasn't the ultimate aero available before 2004? Like the normal SSC, none twin turbo? Well, I really hate these new advanced airbag things. Ya, they will help a bit for these cars, but really if you're going the speed where when you crash, airbags aren't going to do much when a 1-2 ton hunk of flying twisted metal is flipping in the air at over 200 mph... thats my take on it atleast.

Last edited by mattman4444; 12-23-2011 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-23-2011 | 10:56 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sox
They had ten confirmed sales at the Dubai show alone, and seeing as they gave 49 test drives at Macau, it would be reasonable to assume they picked up a few more sales there as well. Customer delivery has been slated for the beginning of 2013. Tuatara bodied prototypes should be on the road this spring.
10 in Dubai cool.

I guess we shall see if they get delivered street legal here as well.

Mattman it's interesting you don't care about airbags and the fact that they are required on cars. Why should these cars be exempt?

I'd be curious if the SSC that was totaled here in the NW in that gumball type thing had an airbag and if it went off.

Quick Reply: Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar