Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011 | 04:19 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
lol sorry to inform you, but you're the one in the minority. Almost everyone thinks the car looks good.
You're seriously telling me the UA and the Venom GT are better designs? C'mon man.

Old 12-20-2011 | 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
POWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond reputePOWERHOUSE has a reputation beyond repute
Yes clearly you can't read the thread in front of you. Most people including myself think the Venom is a much better looking car.

Old 12-20-2011 | 05:00 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NGJR
How in the hell is the Tuatara ugly? At the very least, it's better looking than the diablo rip-off or the stretched exige.
Originally Posted by NGJR
lol sorry to inform you, but you're the one in the minority. Almost everyone thinks the car looks good.
You're seriously telling me the UA and the Venom GT are better designs? C'mon man.
I'm beginning to believe you are on drugs as well.

EVERY THREAD on this forum has had 9 Ugly to 1 Looks good vote.

This car might have amazing fast statistics. Who cares if it's ugly?

Very few people like the looks and the majority of posters that do are the same 6 guys that have from day one. No one else.

I don't fvck ugly women or drive ugly cars. I don't care how good they are at things.

I give no opinion on the other two as I have several times before.

SSC only needs 10 people a year out of the 8 Billion to like it though. So who cares what TS thinks. If they sell their 10 a year they've done ok.

I don't think it matters anyway because I don't believe any of these cars have ever been street legal in the US. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe they aren't.

Old 12-20-2011 | 05:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
What? I never got that impression. But, if that's true, I'm in shock. Sure some elements could use a little work but overall I think the design is really inventive and exciting. Oh well.

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Member
Slick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enoughSlick67 will become famous soon enough
You're shocked that not everyone thinks it's a beautiful design? Quite frankly, i'm shocked that you think it IS a beautiful design.

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:33 PM
sox
Teamspeed Junior Member
sox is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by h20skier
EVERY THREAD on this forum has had 9 Ugly to 1 Looks good vote.
https://teamspeed.com/forums/superca...-flight-4.html

It seems to me a lot more than six guys on these boards love the Tuatara exterior design. As an admitted fan of SSC from the days of the Aero, I love the Tuatara, although the interior as rendered is absolutely atrocious and I dearly hope that they change it prior to production. In my estimation the response to the exterior design of the Tuatara has been overwhelmingly positive.

Regardless of one's opinion of the car's aesthetics, I think it should get some respect as an amazing second effort from a start up manufacturer which has moved on to its second model. Not many start up supercar companies make it through the production of their first car, let alone to a second model.

Anyway, great photos, and I look forward to seeing what the Tuatara can do.

Old 12-20-2011 | 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
I don't think it matters anyway because I don't believe any of these cars have ever been street legal in the US. Maybe I'm wrong but I believe they aren't.
John Hennessey has said that the Venom GT will be given type approval. I have seen no evidence thus far to this effect. To date it remains an Exige with an engine swap; provided the Lotus computer talks to the V8 (as John says it does), it shouldn't be an issue.

As far as the Tuatara, we shall wait and see. The Ultimate Aero, as best as I can tell, has never been approved by any U.S. regulatory agency, and thus is no more legal here than a Zonda or a Cizeta. Since EU emissions regulations closely mirror those of the U.S., it is reasonable to infer that it isn't legal in the EU either.

Old 12-20-2011 | 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond reputeJuiceBox has a reputation beyond repute
LOL did anyone notice the half photoshopped out flag poll? HAHAHAHA

Old 12-22-2011 | 08:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
mattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond reputemattman4444 has a reputation beyond repute
^i think its supposed to be a rocket or something launching in the background. But then again, im looking on my phone, so i probably cant see the quality...

Old 12-22-2011 | 10:10 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond reputeShutterSpeed has a reputation beyond repute
It's funny seeing the two cars side by side like that. You can definitely tell it wasn't an in-house design with the Tuatara.

Quick Reply: Top Gear photoshot: SSC Ultimate Aero, Hennessey Venom GT & SSC Tuatar