Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Scott Storch's Repossessed Veyron for sale on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 05:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Sooo Russ. .

You buying?

Old 05-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Minidhinkle
Sooo Russ. .

You buying?
Believe me... if I were in the market, I wouldn't be buying a used one, especially one that Storch has owned

Old 05-22-2008, 06:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr.PS
I know who they are and they have had no where near the amount of success he has. Not to mention they aren't even half as rich. Until they've been apart of 12 gold, 20 platinum, and 18 multi-platinum records, or until they've won ASCAP's song writer of the year at least once, or had a number one song on the charts for 18 weeks out of the year - they're not "super producers" like Scott Storch.

So no I didn't kill my argument at all, i'd say you killed it more for yourself in this case by comparing Just Blaze and Pete Rock to the likes of Scott Storch, Timbaland, Swizz Beats, and the Neptunes (not in that order).
I can't argue with you dude. I don't know what Just Blaze has for breakfast, or what kind of underwear Pete Rock wears, but I know if you ask anyone involved with music (I'm on my way to a music minor), they'll tell you Pete Rock and Just Blaze have 10X more respect in the industry as far as talent and character. Scott Storch is sick, no doubt. I said that from the get go. I just think he tries to act like a gangster, but he's an ugly white kid from Canada. He's "just a piano man."

Old 05-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ashokn225
I can't argue with you dude. I don't know what Just Blaze has for breakfast, or what kind of underwear Pete Rock wears, but I know if you ask anyone involved with music (I'm on my way to a music minor), they'll tell you Pete Rock and Just Blaze have 10X more respect in the industry as far as talent and character. Scott Storch is sick, no doubt. I said that from the get go. I just think he tries to act like a gangster, but he's an ugly white kid from Canada. He's "just a piano man."
Don't be hatin.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by chokeu2
You seem to have quite the affinity for this guy.

and gotta laugh at the he's richer! , No! HHHEEEE'sss Richer!NO!! HEEEEEEEEE'SSSSSS RICHER!!!!!

WHO GIVES A DAMN who's richer? My god...
I'm a big fan, obviously. It's just funny reading all these comments on forums. "wow finally, he's broke, what an ugly dude". "blah he sucks, he doesn't deserve those cars, he's greasy". "I heard they repo'd his house, about time" Jealousy... and yea, I measure success by how much money someone has made.

Originally Posted by ashokn225
I'm not saying Just Blaze or Peter Rock are bad producers, but as far as success in recent years Scott's had much more. That's all. Acts like a gangster? Go check out some of his one on one interviews on Youtube - he's quiet well spoken. Avoid the Built Like That Video though, he's thugged out in that one, I won't lie.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:29 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm a big fan, obviously. It's just funny reading all these comments on forums. "wow finally, he's broke, what an ugly dude". "blah he sucks, he doesn't deserve those cars, he's greasy". "I heard they repo'd his house, about time" Jealousy... and yea, I measure success by how much money someone has made.

I'm not saying Just Blaze or Peter Rock are bad producers, but as far as success in recent years Scott's had much more. That's all. Acts like a gangster? Go check out some of his one on one interviews on Youtube - he's quiet well spoken. Avoid the Built Like That Video though, he's thugged out in that one, I won't lie.
Haha yeah I've seen most of those. IDK, something about him is just mad annoying. I mean Still Dre is one of the greatest songs ever in hip hop and The Roots are my favorite hip hop group, after the Fugees probably. But, he just acts like a clown from what I've read and seen. And it's not even the partying or the drugs or anything like that. Hell, if I had a chance to hit up Paris Hilton, I would lol. But something just bugs me about him. And I'm far from jealous. I used to admire him when I first read about him. There's very few people I'm jealous of and he's not one of them. Maybe RufMD but not Scott Storch lol.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
You can not compare Storch to Pete Rock and Just Blaze (less so JB). Storch is already a has been. Yes, he has produced quite a few chart-toppers, but ask a true hip-hop fan about the comparison and their responses won't be the same as yours.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these partsMr.PS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Alex
You can not compare Storch to Pete Rock and Just Blaze (less so JB). Storch is already a has been. Yes, he has produced quite a few chart-toppers, but ask a true hip-hop fan about the comparison and their responses won't be the same as yours.

Judging by statistics alone, Scott Storch has had more commercial success then both of them put togather. Describe what you mean by a true hiphop fan? He was a keyboard player for the roots - arguably one of the best and most true hiphop groups in existence. Yes, he has produced for Paris Hilton and Lindsey Lohan, but that doesn't hurt his credibility. That's obviously strictly financial. I really don't think people understand music enough to give credit where it is due. They try to compare people like Pete Rock and Just Blaze who take a sample, throw in some simple drums and call it a day and that makes them "great"? Says who? That's just your opinion. Scott Storch brought a different style to the table. A very dramatic sample-less (he does not sample) middle-eastern theme'd upbeat tempo with pitch bends and various strings that nobody has previously brought. He took a risk, giving people something they never heard before. Something that shook the clubs and the radio waves. I'm not saying that Just Blaze or Pete Rock have not produced good songs, but in comparison I'm going to say their stuff is boring. It's not as upbeat, or dramatic. That's the style of music I like, dramatic and upbeat - that's my opinion. Jonathan Rotem Jr and Scott Storch for the win! True musical genius who do not sample!

BMW built the 1-series and Porsche built the Cayenne, it's all for money at that point.

Last edited by Mr.PS; 05-24-2008 at 12:00 AM.