Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Venom GT Accelerating from 70 - 215 mph Video

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That was quick!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
whoa!

Old 09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that was really fast. Very nice!

Old 09-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Junus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enoughJunus will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Turbogallardo
What's that bobble in the rpm that is happening at around 5,500 rpm? Surely that's not wheelspin at 200 mph? How is the speed continuing to climb even if the rpm is momentarily dropping off?
Considering the Venom GT's power to weight, wheel spin at 200 isn't out of the question. I could be wrong, but the fact that the driver kept accelerating says to me that the car tracked straight with no drama, impressive John.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:40 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Much respect, that is just insane.

Old 09-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by Junus
Considering the Venom GT's power to weight, wheel spin at 200 isn't out of the question. I could be wrong, but the fact that the driver kept accelerating says to me that the car tracked straight with no drama, impressive John.
Maybe, but very unlikely. I'd be curious to hear John's answer. I'm not trying to make trouble, I am just curious to understand what was happening there. I'm actually a big fan of the car.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Banned
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Turbogallardo
Maybe, but very unlikely. I'd be curious to hear John's answer. I'm not trying to make trouble, I am just curious to understand what was happening there. I'm actually a big fan of the car.
Honestly, not 100% sure. I thought that maybe a bit of clutch slip but the data logs from the run all look good as rpm and wheel speed maintain a constant rate. I think that there may be a bit of "tach lag" and we have seen this in some other high power cars such as the Ford GT twin turbo. Anyway, the car got up to speed and back down effortlessly and I could go on and on with details. But will save them for another time.

Thanks for the kind words.

Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Ether is an unknown quantity at this point
Very nice car John!!!

Maybe you and Underground or even AMS for that matter can get together and see who is king????

Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Veyron is an unknown quantity at this point
Impressive

Old 09-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Bodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud ofBodhii has much to be proud of
Fun Lotus Elise hot rod.