Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Hennessey Venom GT makes UK debut + Dyno Video

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011 | 08:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
I dunno about you guys, but I love this car and can't wait to see something like a top gear, or evo review about it. I'm sure it'll be a serious contender in the hypercar world.

Old 06-23-2011 | 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alex
This is not a performance car worthy of a > 3/4 million USD price tag. Where's the technology and innovation?
But it's supposed to trump the Veyron!!!!

When will we see videos of it being driven or have it's numbers being backed up?

Old 06-23-2011 | 01:34 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Sunkizz is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah,id like to see it being driven hard,on road and track,not just on the dyno machine.

Old 06-23-2011 | 04:44 PM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Eddingtonsons
zing!
Where were you at Salon Prive' so that you could see and judge for yourself? I have a spare ticket (worth about $300) if you want it for tomorrow. Just let me know.

I understand that if some of you are just looking at online pictures, why you may not get it. And that is OK. It will be a different story if you had the opportunity to see it in person.

Last edited by John Hennessey; 06-23-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2011 | 05:43 PM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by John Hennessey
Where were you at Salon Prive' so that you could see and judge for yourself? I have a spare ticket (worth about $300) if you want it for tomorrow. Just let me know.

I understand that if some of you are just looking at online pictures, why you may not get it. And that is OK. It will be a different story if you had the opportunity to see it in person.
Thanks very much for the offer Mr Hennessey but unfortunately i am going to look at a university tomorrow.
Will we be seeing it on Top Gear any time soon?

Old 06-23-2011 | 07:41 PM
Banned
moneypit is an unknown quantity at this point
I get it. I think it is an impressive offering no less significant than the Callaway Superspeedster in it's day (and even now). Look at that car, $700,000-$800,000 15 years ago for a car based on a Corvette. I think people underestimate what it takes to achieve something like the VenomGT and have been jaded by the tuner cars with incredibly high horsepower. I clearly see this as more than that.

I don't think people buying these types of cars are comparing creature comforts or making decisions on price/value or the need for a daily driver. If that were the case we would see a lot less RUF Porsches out there and anyone shopping a Mustang Supersnake would always choose a Boss 302.

Looking forward to some road tests.

Last edited by moneypit; 06-23-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-24-2011 | 02:53 AM
Teamspeed Member
Eddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished roadEddingtonsons is on a distinguished road
Thinking about it, if you are looking to buy a Venom GT, you already have grand tourer and this is a nice little toy (in a similar way to the (Noble M600).

Old 06-24-2011 | 03:41 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Ferrariben430 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by John Hennessey

Mr. Hennessey I would just like to say congratulations on creating such a monster machine, America has, with the exception of the SSC Aero and Saleen S7, remained far away from any of the worlds top speed machines, so for you to accomplish this feat is truly something special. While I know that some may not appreciate the looks of the monster that you have created, I personally believe that it is gorgeous especially in red.

Old 06-24-2011 | 03:54 AM
John Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant futureJohn Hennessey has a brilliant future
Would anyone like a free pair of tickets to today's Salon Prive' London event? Just email me if you do. john@hennesseyperformance.com

Old 06-24-2011 | 10:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^ Great meeting you Mr. Hennessey at the Salon Prive event on wednesday, and like I said congratulations on the Venom GT and always been a big fan of your work!

Quick Reply: Hennessey Venom GT makes UK debut + Dyno Video