Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Photoshoot: Ron Tonkin's Supercar Collection

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Photographer Extraordinaire
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Everything that you think is real is probably real in his collection.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Such an awesome collection. I'll echo what others have said about it being cool to see a Miata sharing a garage with an Enzo.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
That is a great collection but at the same time a little sad. I suspect a large proportion of those cars hardly ever get driven from one year to the next. And I suppose you could say that of most large collections which just sounds like a waste to me.

I have always felt that one of the biggest joys of owning a great car is allowing others to see it being driven. That's why I always give a big thumbs up or a clap when I see someone out in their supercar. They are providing a much needed public service and putting a smile on people faces

Old 04-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Member
ddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura aboutddigangi has a spectacular aura about
that 599 is out of control, need more of those in Chi!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:22 AM
atomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond reputeatomic80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by streetrod454
That is a great collection but at the same time a little sad. I suspect a large proportion of those cars hardly ever get driven from one year to the next. And I suppose you could say that of most large collections which just sounds like a waste to me.

I have always felt that one of the biggest joys of owning a great car is allowing others to see it being driven. That's why I always give a big thumbs up or a clap when I see someone out in their supercar. They are providing a much needed public service and putting a smile on people faces
I agree...but as I said before, Ron Tonkin, the owner has been sick for the past couple of years and so thusly has been unable to enjoy his cars. I believe he drove them fairly often beforehand. He'd go on drives with the Ferrari club from what I've heard.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
joshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond reputejoshg120 has a reputation beyond repute
you get the impression he has quite an ego with RON TONKIN plastered everywhere, but i suppose if i was the owner of all those beauties i would be a bit arrogant as well

Cars are stunning tho, great collection

Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by joshg120
you get the impression he has quite an ego with RON TONKIN plastered everywhere, but i suppose if i was the owner of all those beauties i would be a bit arrogant as well

Old 04-08-2011, 02:02 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by joshg120

Any opportunity to promote your business is a good one! I'm sure Ron Tonkin is stuck in any car buyer's head in that area. Plus Ron Tonkin is a kick ass name.