Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

To be unveiled at SCX this weekend..

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Does that Ultimate Aero not have the Carbon rims?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Kevin358
2 Awesome cars. You should allow someone to test that SSC to see what it's performance is as it has never been tested.
It hasn't?

Originally Posted by Kevin358
Does that Ultimate Aero not have the Carbon rims?
This car does not, no.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Kevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura aboutKevin358 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by silversurfer
It hasn't?

This car does not, no.
To clarify. The "2nd gen" Ultimate Aero with 1287hp was never tested to top speed. And this is the last/best one. And the 2007 never did reach its true top speed.
None were tested in any other performance aspect besides the top speed run. Would love to see a standing mile and some track tests(Nurburgring, VIR, Laguna Seca).
There have been no good test drives by magazines that can also assess the comfort and drivability.

Why doesn't it have the carbon rims? I thought they were released for the 2010 cars and this is a 2011.

Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
It doesn't have carbon rims because they weren't spec'd for this build, plain and simple. They weren't standard equipment on the car and I didn't choose to pay the upcharge for them.

As far all the tests you'd like to see done, I'll try and get around to it when I'm not out enjoying the car myself ;-) Anytime anybody wants to go ahead and pay for the car to be shipped to the Ring, or make a phone call to get the gate lifted at Ehre-Lessien, please be my guest. All help would be appreciated.

But, again...one slight correction - Extensive wind tunnel testing was performed as a predecessor for real world conditions. Jerod has already talked about that specifically here. Oh, and the Road and Track slalom was the other test performed by the Aero. It did pretty well.

Last edited by silversurfer; 05-01-2011 at 02:23 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by silversurfer
It doesn't have carbon rims because they weren't spec'd for this build, plain and simple. They weren't standard equipment on the car and I didn't choose to pay the upcharge for them.

As far all the tests you'd like to see done, I'll try and get around to it when I'm not out enjoying the car myself ;-) Anytime anybody wants to go ahead and pay for the car to be shipped to the Ring, or make a phone call to get the gate lifted at Ehre-Lessien, please be my guest. All help would be appreciated.

But, again...one slight correction - Extensive wind tunnel testing was performed as a predecessor for real world conditions. Jerod has already talked about that specifically here. Oh, and the Road and Track slalom was the other test performed by the Aero. It did pretty well.
Yes, I don know about the extensive wind tunnel testing. I just lumped that in with design/development. Which we could also bring up the 100+ miles or so they drove the prototypes at speeds above 200mph.

The Road & Track slalom was great. Beat the Enzo by .1mph and smoked the Veyron by 5.1mph. And that was only a prototype with nowhere near the refinement and suspension setup as the production cars.
I guess I will just have to deal with having very few tests of the car. At least Jerod has learned and is planning for more tests of successor.
Any plans on getting the next generation?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
karlf is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by strebo
can I borrow this image please