Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

The Red Bull RB5 unveiled!

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
The Red Bull RB5 unveiled!

The Red Bull RB5 will officially be presented on Monday February 9th at the Jerez circuit in Spain, but we can already present the car to you thanks to a spectacular 3D animation video showcasing the differences between the RB4 and the new RB5.

The computer-animated clip features Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel racing on track, as they bring to life the biggest rule changes in the history of Formula One.

Last season's car morphs into the current Red Bull Racing car, showing all the bodywork changes from nose to rear wing. Then the bodywork is removed to expose the KERS system, engine and inner parts. Only through computer animation can a car switch from grooved tyres to slicks without even stopping...

Mark Webber recently said the RB5 was the best-looking car of 2009 – here's your chance to make your own opinion!

The clip is available in the F1-Live.com multimedia section. To see the video, follow the link Formula 1 : Videos - F1-Live.com

D.B. © CAPSIS International

second pic shows the KERS system in function

Attached Images   
Old 02-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
That was an AWESOME video! It's really cool to see the changes evolve on the car like that. I'm glad I finally got KERS figured out! It looks like I was almost right about how it worked. Major rep for you Hamad!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:04 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Sick Video! It really is amazing how different the cars are from last year. My money's on the younger drivers taking to the cars since they are more of a "drivers" car now.

Vettle- "but we still drive cars" great quote

Old 02-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Official Bowel Mover
TommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond reputeTommyBahama has a reputation beyond repute
very cool, nice to finally learn what that kers thing is

Old 02-08-2009, 01:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it

Old 02-08-2009, 01:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Great post brother!

Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond reputejayboat has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool. Thanks for the post.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Wtf, they get NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS in 2009?.......Epic failure.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Great video.

A few questions? The video stated that the drivers had up to 6.5 seconds per lap of stored extra energy. Are there "rollover seconds" so say after 5 laps a driver can have 30 seconds stored? or is it "use it or lose it" on each lap? or is 6.5 the maximum amount of energy that can be stored? If that is the case, how long does it take to generate 6.5 seconds worth of energy? I seem to have heard something about the cars being able to accumulate 2 seconds of "energy" per lap.

Being the huge racing fan that I am, I have always followed F1 and admired the technology and drivers, but never really took the time to watch F1 as it was frankly too boring to watch on TV. Not enough passing. These new rules are supposed to make F1 racing much more exciting and interesting to watch. I am really looking forward to the first race of the season to see how these new rules translate onto the track and the actual races.

Old 02-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by BigE1967
Great video.

A few questions? The video stated that the drivers had up to 6.5 seconds per lap of stored extra energy. Are there "rollover seconds" so say after 5 laps a driver can have 30 seconds stored? or is it "use it or lose it" on each lap? or is 6.5 the maximum amount of energy that can be stored? If that is the case, how long does it take to generate 6.5 seconds worth of energy? I seem to have heard something about the cars being able to accumulate 2 seconds of "energy" per lap.

Being the huge racing fan that I am, I have always followed F1 and admired the technology and drivers, but never really took the time to watch F1 as it was frankly too boring to watch on TV. Not enough passing. These new rules are supposed to make F1 racing much more exciting and interesting to watch. I am really looking forward to the first race of the season to see how these new rules translate onto the track and the actual races.
Very good questions I don't know for sure but I'm guessing around 6.5 seconds is all you can store in the battery so I assume it will be use it or
lose it.
That said the past two seasons have been very competitive and I believe the new regulations will make it more so. As soon as the season kicks off we will have our usual F1 Banter thread which is a whole lot of fun I strongly urge you to join. Plus we'll have a team speed surprise come start of the season so stay tuned

Quick Reply: The Red Bull RB5 unveiled!