Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Geneva....My impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Geneva....My impressions

Today is my last day here in Geneva which is what I perceive to be the best auto show in the world...at least of the ones that I have attended.

As usual some great car companies both large and small showed some really great cars. The one that I anticipated seeing the most was the new Lambo Aventador and it definitely was a great looking car. The interior is a big improvement as well. Sitting in the car, in a seat that is made for someone who eats McDonalds every day was a disappointment. I really wanted to sit in the car and have that same OMG feeling that I had when I sat in the C-GT....but I didn't.

The new Pagani looked better in person than in photos but I am still extremely disappointed about them taking doors off the SLS Mercedes....I really expected more from such a great company. I am a detail guy and the little things make a difference and every time I looked at those doors I couldn't help but notice the two cheap looking shocks like those used on the trunk of car. Not only that but the LED's attached to the front fascia looked cheap.

Many other nice cars were at the show but if money was no object only ONE car left me with a feeling of excitement and passion when I sat in it....The Koenigsegg Agera. The details on the car are incredible down to the two small shocks on the new style rear wing which is a huge improvement over any other wing that they have tired before. When you sit in this car you sink down in like you do in the CGT. The leather and all the details are incredible. Lift the back engine cover and the amazement continues....and who can complain about over 1000hp in a car that weighs 2800 lbs. I could go on and on but my battery on my laptop is dying fast.

For me the best car at Geneva this year is the Koenigsegg Agera "R" hands down. It was nice to get goosebumps like I did the first time I drove as a passenger in a CGT in Germany back in 2003.

Last edited by gah993; 03-13-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:59 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
take any pics?

Old 03-13-2011, 04:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
The cars in your sig and the fact that you went to (and are posting from) Geneva is just awesome...but it also makes your opinion quite meaningful. I will have to do some looking into this K'Seg....havent heard much about it.

Side Note: You mention Geneva being the best show. Have you been to Essen? Tokyo Auto Salon? what other shows rival this one...? (if any)

Old 03-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Glad to hear that the Koenigsegg blew your mind, makes me proud as a Swede! Here's a few pics I found on flickr.com

Old 03-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
The cars in your sig and the fact that you went to (and are posting from) Geneva is just awesome...but it also makes your opinion quite meaningful. I will have to do some looking into this K'Seg....havent heard much about it.

Side Note: You mention Geneva being the best show. Have you been to Essen? Tokyo Auto Salon? what other shows rival this one...? (if any)
Not Essen or Tokyo but I have been to Frankfurt a few times.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gah993
Not Essen or Tokyo but I have been to Frankfurt a few times.
Ah ok. Essen is on my list - but perhaps Geneva just moved to the top of the list

Felix, thanks for posting those. That car is INSANE.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by IIVVX
take any pics?
Yes I took lots of pictures but the ones posted above would be the same ones that I have. Note the machined aluminum holder for the LED's in the headlamps. When I first saw the Agera last year at Geneva I was a little disappointed because they had basically put LED's in the headlights just to put them there....it looked like an afterthought. This year you can see the improvement!! Also my only other dislike last year on the car was for the steering wheel which is the same wheel that many tuners like RUF use in there cars. This year they addressed that issue and now you can see the awesome new flat bottom steering wheel.

One other note...the white car is the Agera "R" and runs on ethanol. The owner of the car is a major investor in the company and he WILL supposedly take the car skiing....hence the custom skis and ski holder for the roof of the car.

Last edited by gah993; 03-13-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
LOL - who is that guy talking to CVK in the last pic?

And yes, I agree with you, the Agera R stole the show.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:38 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, I am stunned. That looks unreal!! Where's that drool smiley when you need it . . .

Old 03-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah without doubt Geneva is the best auto show in the world. Its a matter of taste, i dont like the gullwing doors of the Pagani Huayra but it doesnt look cheap and the details are incredible, compared to the Agera...
Also what is that little ghost on the engine cover of the Agera?

Quick Reply: Geneva....My impressions