Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani Huayra Presentation in Milan

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
GoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of lightGoodFella is a glorious beacon of light
The Supercar . Thanks Horacio!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I love it. Thanks for sharing Alex!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
The more I see it the more I like it, need to see one with a red interior like the older Zonda; I think it will look better.
Great minds think alike my friend. Actually I am hearing that car looks even better in flesh and is absolutely amazing to drive. And agree, need to see the car in bare CF with red interior. I think it would be a perfect color combo.

Old 02-19-2011, 10:37 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Look at that carbon!

Old 02-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
yohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond reputeyohanthestud has a reputation beyond repute
i think the car is stunning. I just want to see it in different colors!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:05 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by D55L
Great minds think alike my friend. Actually I am hearing that car looks even better in flesh and is absolutely amazing to drive. And agree, need to see the car in bare CF with red interior. I think it would be a perfect color combo.
It is a Pagani, it should be something amazing to drive and an event in its self.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The more I see it, the more I love it. I'm excited to see how wild some of Pagani's customers go with the color combo and unique options.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:27 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
Update on the presentation from Road & Track:

Horacio Pagani promises that this time, his car will come to America. After being teased with the Zonda, it appears interest is high enough and the homologation hurdles surmountable so that the Pagani Huayra will be coming to these shores sometime in 2012.

We thought not mangling the name would be the hardest part. The Pagani Huayra (pronounced “why-ra”) demands some linguistic dexterity, but that’s nothing compared to the financial might you’ll need to afford this $1.4 million dollar Italian-built supercar. Powered by a twin-turbocharged Mercedes-Benz V-12 engine, the Huayra is likely to be one of the fastest cars in the world after making its official debut during this year’s Geneva Auto Show. The top speed is estimated to be 230 mph.

The name comes from the ancient Andean god of wind, Aymara Huayra Tata. Fortunately for us, Pagani opted for the shortened version. The Huayra marks the first completely new Pagani model since the company unveiled the Zonda supercar in 1999. Full of sharp edges and bristling with lightweight carbon fiber, the Zonda received continual performance upgrades during its more than 10 years of production. One the final models, the Pagani Zonda Tricolore, could hit 217 mph. The price was $1.3 million, with production limited to…well, only one!

At first glance, the Huayra presents a kinder and gentler (not to mention smoother) interpretation of a Pagani supercar. The creased bodywork of the Zonda has given way to flowing curves and softer surfaces. From certain angles, especially when seen in profile, there is a hint of Ferrari 458 Italia and McLaren MP4-12C. However, the fine details—such as the central-exit quad exhaust and gullwing doors—remain true to Pagani’s flair for the dramatic.

As with the outgoing Zonda, the technology that comprises the Huayra is as impressive as the car’s outrageous looks. The bodywork is crafted entirely out of carbon fiber. Past Pagani street cars have often gone unpainted, to better show off the company’s expertise in working with this lightweight and incredibly strong material. The monocoque is also carbon fiber, with titanium reinforcements providing additional strength, rigidity and crash protection.

At 180.3 in. long with a max height of only 46 in., the Huayra tips the scales at a scant 2976 lb. There are carbon-ceramic brakes at each corner, and double-wishbone suspension (with coil springs and antiroll bars front and rear) keep the car planted and steady at speed.

Of course, the most important aspect of this mid-engine supercar is the Mercedes-Benz AMG heart, which beats right behind the cockpit. Ironically, Pagani has started with a smaller engine than the naturally aspirated 7.0-liter V-12 found in the Zonda. The Huayra now features a twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter Mercedes AMG-tuned V-12, coupled to a 7-speed automated manual transmission custom-built for the car. In standard tune—yes, there are options even with $1.4 million supercars—the Huayra serves up 700 bhp at 6300 rpm and 664 lb.-ft. of torque from 2500 to 4250 rpm. The Sport model bumps it up even higher, producing 730 bhp and 811 lb.-ft. of torque.
Source & More Info ROAD & TRACK

Old 02-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
this is a gorgeous machine, has some big shoes to fill but I'm sure in time it will be fine

Old 02-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really niceNGJR is just really nice
It's beautifully put together, no question. My only gripe with it is that damn front.

Quick Reply: Pagani Huayra Presentation in Milan