Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

So, Agera nş1 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
jsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to alljsturn is a name known to all
Yes we see the same, but purely for design reasons, the current engine with the former Ford Motor have nothing the same. Not even the dimensions and so on, were all parts modified so strong and renewed the engine is completely new. The certain things in a V8 is the same as normal due to design.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished roadDktran31 is on a distinguished road
What a lucky owner. One of the sickest cars ever

Old 01-07-2011, 03:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
Not panel gap, horrible accenting, looks like panel gap though.
The hood is open, nothing more nothing less.

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
Now the engines are all built for Koenigsegg to their spcifications by a 3rd party. However, the architecture/design is still based on that of the Ford engine.
First of all, this is a much different way of saying it then the way you said it the first time. And this critique, if it can even be called that, always puzzled me. An analogy would be calling any boutique brand cruiser motorcycle that has a VTwin a Harley knockoff. At what point does the fact that Ksegg started with a Ford motor get left behind where it belongs in their history? And why does the fact that they started with a Ford motor taint the fact that they have built a hypercar from the ground up (with a little help from other OEMs, their engineers, and their parts bins) that is mentioned in the same sentence as Bugatti and Pagani? The Agera was named hypercar of the year by Top Gear and the CCX with a proper wing posted a top spot on their lap time list. But the steering wheel is ugly, really?

Some of you may look at anything that is not a Porsche or Ferrari and, with the exception of Pagani, choose to not accept the existence of this "hypercar" category without the inevitable kit car commentary. Some of you drive only white cars and can't be trusted

I would hope that the majority of you who get to see one of these in the flesh one day or even better go for a ride, or *gasp* drive a car like a Ksegg or Ultimate Aero (sorry but as an owner of both I feel the need to defend both of my children ) would be able to see past the fact that the steering wheel is a little strange looking, the wing and styling is a bit garish and otherworldly, and come to agree that cars and manufacturers like these deserve their fair share of respect in the rarified air of automotiive royalty.

Last edited by silversurfer; 01-07-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
^Actually, it's not different at all. Nor did I falsely accuse Koenigsegg of claiming their engine is a clean-sheet design. The CC8 and 8S use Ford engines, simple as that. From the CCX onward, the design was altered, and Koenigsegg focused on better adapting it to their cars by making a number of radical changes and having the blocks and internals built to their own specifications. This is a fact, and I only realized this after seeing the Koenigsegg engine and realizing how similar it looked to the 4.6L modular engine found in the Mustang. An engine that I have pesonally turned wrenches on. You seem to think that I am antagonizing Koenigsegg, but I have done no such thing. I only said that they do not like to admit it is based on the Ford engine because Christian von Koenigsegg himself made no mention of this fact when asked about it by Jay Leno when he brought the Trevita to Leno's garage. You can watch the video on jaylenosgarage.com.

I've seen the Koenigsegg up close, and have sat in it and was very impressed by the doors. They're probably the single feature of the car that blew me away. The engineering that went into making them work is impressive. It's no kit car, and I never implied that. I'd love to go for a ride in yours if we ever cross paths.

I think your HD VTwin analogy is flawed, because there are other motorcycle manufacturers who have built clean-sheet design VTwins like Moto Guzzi, Ducati, and Suzuki among others.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:06 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I like the ccxr more,thanks for sharing

Old 01-07-2011, 06:14 AM
Am I the only one around here who doesn't have a custom member title?
sinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond reputesinan has a reputation beyond repute
^^ wait you own a Koenigsegg ? Why haven't we seen any pics or is it just me ?

Old 01-07-2011, 06:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
in my opionion it is much nicer then the older Keggs.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Bah i will always prefer a Pagani to a Koenigsegg much more quality, drama and soul. The steering wheel on the Agera doesnt look weird but it looks cheap to me. I like the exterior design of the car and the way the doors open...

Last edited by Alex12de; 01-07-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
exRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant futureexRockstar has a brilliant future
YouTube - Koenigsegg CCX

Here! In this video now steering wheel showing!!!
Don't understand why so many complains about the steering wheel.
Pagani is a totally different car. It doesn't aims to be like the Koenigsegg. In terms of performance in its segment, Koenigsegg is the king. It's all about the facts, not the look's. That's why it calls Agera. To act. Zonda getting to fancy and to overdetails. it's all about the look's.
Let's see how many people that complain about Koenigsegg design and adore Zonda's design like the new c9 design.
All the cars have third party parts on them.
Pagani as a Amg engine on it, old as hell, the same on the Clk GTR. And the new one isn't any different.
Koenigsegg as its one engine with patented technology, that complies California emissions. Those are the most strict emissions regulations in the world. With at least 1000hp on the CCXR i know a very litlle cars that do that and Pagani isn't even close! Even the steering whell in Pagani as a Nardi logo on it! Pagani as Koenigsegg are two of the best brands in the world, but very different.

Old 01-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
If I were sitting behind that steering wheel, listening to that engine run, I don't think I would give a damn about the origins of either!

Koenigseggs are the awesomest cars in the world. To build a car with those specs, on an almost entirely bespoke basis (like SilverSurfer says, with VERY little outside help), and have earned the worldwide respect they have in only 15 years, and do it at such low production volume, and STILL find a way to make a few of them U.S.-legal (with all the technical and regulatory nightmares that entails), is simply astounding. If Christian von Koenigsegg isn't an automotive icon, then I don't know who is.

Yes, Paganis have some neat details, but to me anyway Zondas have always been a little funny looking, and the interiors a bit overwought. It will be interesting to see how THEY handle the airbag steering wheel problem, if the C9 (Huayra?) is to be brought to the U.S. as is their intention.

Quick Reply: So, Agera nş1 for sale