Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

New 'Stratos' powered by a Ferrari V8

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010 | 01:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bronto
I love the looks of this car! Simply stunning! I remember TG did a review of the stratos quite recently and was very interesting learning about such a cool car. I read some more on a Swedish car site and the man who requested the car is the german Michael Stoschek, owner of a suppliying company called Brose KG. It's rumoured that this car is based in the Scuderia chassi and might also have the same V8! Might be the coolest car in a long time then if they make more
I hope it has the old 3.6 liter V8... That engine would fit it better, methinks.

Old 08-14-2010 | 03:18 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Some more pics. AMS says the entire car is made of CF

Great additional shots Ludas - the space for the helmet in the door is exquisite! I say this is one of the most exciting cars due in 2011... Also, notice the 'Stratos' logo on the seats?

Last edited by PaulGeudon; 08-14-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2010 | 04:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Based on the Scuderia chassis? Same engine? Carbon Ceramic brakes? It all sounds good, but I'm scared of the price!

Old 08-14-2010 | 04:07 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no, when I wrote my previous post I forgot that it was 2010. Of course it has an idiotic flappy paddle gearbox

*scratches name off of pre-order sheet

Old 08-14-2010 | 04:21 PM
|
Teamspeed Senior Member
PaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond reputePaulGeudon has a reputation beyond repute
Could be right Jox, but let's hope not!

Old 08-14-2010 | 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
Some more pics. AMS says the entire car is made of CF

That interior pic must be a rendering right? The steering wheel looks really odd.

Originally Posted by Bronto
I love the looks of this car! Simply stunning! I remember TG did a review of the stratos quite recently and was very interesting learning about such a cool car. I read some more on a Swedish car site and the man who requested the car is the german Michael Stoschek, owner of a suppliying company called Brose KG. It's rumoured that this car is based in the Scuderia chassi and might also have the same V8! Might be the coolest car in a long time then if they make more
So it's gonna be a one-off? Bummer.

Old 08-15-2010 | 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I hope they keep it light and simple.

+1

I love the design! the edgyness is very refreshing compared to today's swoopy designs.

Old 08-15-2010 | 08:07 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
Originally Posted by JamesCaton
Does anybody know which Ferrari V8 it's running?
CF intake manifold in the picture looks same as the 4.3L V8 out of the Scuderia

This article seems to confirm that
http://www.motorward.com/2010/08/new...-off-revealed/

Old 08-15-2010 | 08:17 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud ofJamesCaton has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cstroked
CF intake manifold in the picture looks same as the 4.3L V8 out of the Scuderia

This article seems to confirm that
New Lancia Stratos (One-Off) Revealed | Motorward
Don't you think a Challenge Stradale powertrain would be more in-character for this car?

Old 08-15-2010 | 08:37 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
This has has to come in a manual gearbox, that would be a perfect match. Love this car.