Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

New SSC supercar to beat Veyron SS... this summer?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
front bumper/quarter body line
headlights
aero brake
moulded grills
larger top intakes (roof)
new shifter mechanism
new seats

The pre-10 cars had power steering. And the new generation Aero will have CC brakes.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Teamspeed Member
alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!alan w You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Um i dont see anything but little red crosses, is it just me??

Old 08-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alan w
Um i dont see anything but little red crosses, is it just me??
nope I can't either

Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 PM
McLaren Fanatic
Peloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond reputePeloton25 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by kevin9

His image links all had a double http://

Not sure why these photos belong here though?

>8^)
ER

Old 08-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
kevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond reputekevin9 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry about that "http" double-up, guys. I found these "engineering" pics interesting even though they are of the open Veyron. I would like to see some pics, if they exist, of the inner workings of the SSC. Would be interesting for my edification to see and compare the inner goodies of both machines.

Old 08-04-2010, 03:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
I have decided to completely read this thread before adding my comments so here goes.

As a Brit I have been brought up on the European exotics and have been lucky enough to have driven a number of them in anger over the years. On the flip side I have spent a great deal of time in the States and am a dyed in the wool hotrodder. I can rebuild a small block Chevy blind fold.

I had the chance to look over an SSC that was exhibited here a couple of years ago and I have to admit I was not taken by the styling. But I could not take away anything from the performance of the car or the speed it obtained.

Unless you are into too land speed record racing the top speeds of these cars I feel is not really relevant. To many a back yard hotrodder the speeds these cars have achieved would not even register on their radar's.

To give you a little perspective a California based rodder has built a 32 Ford that he drove to 1200 miles to the salt flats, ran over 230mph then drove back home again. Some guys are running over 400mph in cars they built in the garage at the back of their houses

These top speed runs will grab headlines but you can’t build a company on mere headlines.

I would ask the people on here who are close to the company where are SSC looking to take the company and will they gain enough credibility to allow them to sell in foreign markets?

To really succeed in the rarefied atmosphere of the supercar I think you need more than pure performance. The car has to have that bespoke tailored suit feel. When you open the bonnet the engine should be jewel like and the interior totally custom. If you have to use off the shelf components then at least disguise them. Few people would realise that the heater and air con controls on a Zonda come from a much less exotic background.

The criticism aimed at the SSC seems to be mainly down to its looks but I don’t think this would be hard to fix. You just have to look at some of the graduate work coming out of the top car design schools to realise that talent is available for not a lot of money.

I compare to SSC to Koenigsegg in its early years. I was not that impressed by some of the details, but if you look at the recent cars, then WOW. Again you may not love the way the car looks but the devil is in the details.

Some of you may have seen this video before but if not it is well worth a watch. Jay Leno hits the nail on the head with his comments about the Koenigsegg and cars that aspire to greatness. I feel this is the quality that SSC should be aiming for. If they can do this then they can class themselves as a world player.

Koenigsegg Trevita CCXR - Video - Jay Leno's Garage

Old 08-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond reputeJiaim has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone attended to the presentation?

Old 08-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
silversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond reputesilversurfer has a reputation beyond repute
The presentation was cancelled due to security concerns. The new car will be shown privately at a secure location in Pebble Beach.

Old 08-09-2010, 03:26 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by silversurfer
The orange car below is #13...

[/IMG]
In terms of total SSC production, including the supercharged SC8/T (Aero) cars, it may be #13, but in terms of VIN for the Ultimate Aero series it is #011. Pictures taken (not by me) in the U.S. before it was shipped to Dubai for the 2009 show.

Attached Images