Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

EVO interviews Horacio Pagani - C9 and Pagani future discussed

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 05:13 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation EVO interviews Horacio Pagani - C9 and Pagani future discussed

The main points about C9 are: heavier than Zonda F - 1400 kg v 1230 kg, equipped with V12 TT AMG engine built specially for Pagani needs, launch will take place before end of the year. I am not so happy to read about weight increase actually, I have said before that C9 is going to weight more than Zonda and seems that I was right. So in result I am waiting for the official release, but really don't know what to think - increased weight, old heavy and low revving V12 TT, no DCT are hardly to define as right ingridients imo.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:43 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Rage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura aboutRage has a spectacular aura about
He said there will be a three month period with C9s and Zondas produced side by side. I mean, how many more Zonda specials are there to come? I thought all the Cinque Coupes and Roadsters were built, the three Tricolore are being assembled and the only one not yet in production is the Zonda Uno.

Also surprised that AMG is now building the 7.3 engines from the ground up. I thought they were just using up the remaining SL73 crate engines and tuning them.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
streetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud ofstreetrod454 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by D55L
The main points about C9 are: heavier than Zonda F - 1400 kg v 1230 kg, equipped with V12 TT AMG engine built specially for Pagani needs, launch will take place before end of the year. I am not so happy to read about weight increase actually, I have said before that C9 is going to weight more than Zonda and seems that I was right. So in result I am waiting for the official release, but really don't know what to think - increased weight, old heavy and low revving V12 TT, no DCT are hardly to define as right ingridients imo.
Oi!!, I see you nicked my tread from Enter the Pagani World!. Never mind I do it sometimes myself.

Anyway a couple of points. The C9 was always going to be heavier because of its need to use a twin turbo engine to meet international emmissions standards. Those turbo's, associated plumbing and intercoolers are not light. Also you have to to add the weight of the safety equipment that will allow the car to be sold stateside.

As for a DCT, those are for wimps. Not only do you loose out on the joy of a perfectly executed heal and toe down change but they also add more weight. Also Pagani would have to find someone to supply an off the shelf DCT gearbox as to develop one would have be way too expensive

Old 06-19-2010, 04:20 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
^^^ I picked this EVO but was too lazy to scan it myself when I had you done this job before me, thanks for that

I know that it is almost imposibe C9 being lighter or same weight with Zonda F. The problem as I see it is following - Zonda set the benchmark very high in all dimensions. Is the C9 brilliant enought to be really worthy replacement? I really hope it is, but there are few things to worry about. First of all it is engine - old low revving M275 V12 TT, second is increased weight, yes I know that car must meet safety norms, but still it can't be rated as ultra-light anymore. DCT insures smooth and fast shifts, until it isn't pure track weapon it is much better than single-clutch units. Speaking about weight of DCT, for example Graziano offers compact and very light units. Just read the Zonda Cinque tests - car is above brilliant, but the tranny spoils all the fun. I don't say that DCT is the only way to go, but I definitely prefer it, especially if the manual tranny will not be offered this time. It is not just about C9, I am same opinion about Murcielago successor also.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:35 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
sold 22 cars to singapore with a 130% import tax! what's going on mike?

Old 06-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Nice! I thought the biggest Pagani market was Hong Kong but anyways the only problem is i cant wait to see the final result!!!