Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

VIDEO: Time to make the Donuts, Rossion Style ;)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010 | 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
I don't get it; is this a kit car? Is this a supercar? just a little humor
At least it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Old 07-16-2010 | 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to all
It really is not a kit car. It was delivered to me, rolled off the car carrier, I turned the key and drove it around the block. The chassis/engine separation is a resul of federal regulations. It was fully operational and had been well tested. Mine had about 110 miles on it when I got it.

I look at it like the M-B AMG cars. Chassis made in one place, engine and gearbox in another. They come together at the AMG factory.

Regardless, I am very happy with the car and it has awesome performance for the money. The low mass and superior handling is really what sets it apart from the other supercars.

Old 07-17-2010 | 02:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute
Where are you located? I hope cali somewhere....I really want to see one of these in person asap.

What are the impressions like? Road manners, reliability, etc? I've yet to read a personal owners review. I would really appreciate it.

Old 07-19-2010 | 11:05 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
AusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to allAusRoss is a name known to all
Spunky,

I am in Texas but I am sure I can find you an owner close by that will show you their car and take you for a ride.

As far as a review goes:

Car is very reliable. It uses non-exotic parts to produce outstanding track and street performance. Uses $4.60 oil filter. Many parts are available from the local Ford dealer. You wouldn't believe the low price for an entire engine. People tell me they pay >$10,000 for a Lambo clutch job. Clutch for Q1 is about $1200. Don't know anyone that has worn out one yet.

I had Porsches since I was 19. (55 now) This car handles extremely well and is very neutral. Suspension comes fully adjustable stock. The car is easier to drive fast than anything else I have driven. It has about 6 track sessions on it at this point. (I race sports racers)

The acceleration specs speak for themselves.

Sex appeal- It is difficult to stop at a gas station or restaurant without getting multiple people asking about the car. At car shows it is always one of the top hits. Driving around town you get two types of interest. Stalkers and camera phone voyeurs.

Interior is well done and comes with full GPS/stereo, AC. You can customize the interior all the way to full accent stitching on your choice of leather colors.

If you want a ride let me know where you live and I will find you one.

The car is a blast all around.

Old 07-20-2010 | 01:32 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyGiraffe has a reputation beyond repute
Sweet. I live in Sacramento area, I may be going to LA soon, but my wife is pregnant so that is up in the air. Any northern cali area is fine, bay area is cool. I was in a conversation with Rossion about the same situation, but the more people helping me out the better! Thanks guys. Keep me updated.

Old 08-06-2010 | 11:55 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Spunky,

Your request to see Rossions in Northern Califonia are fullfilled.

ROSSION Q1 IS NOW AVAILABLE IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR THE SECOND HALF OF 2010

POMPANO BEACH, FL (August 1, 2010) –
Rossion Automotive is pleased to announce the appointment of their first US dealer. Dynamic Auto West has been appointed as the official Rossion Dealer for Northern California, which will enable California drivers a chance to not only own one of the world’s best performing cars, but also have full service, technical support, and parts availability on their doorsteps. Delivery of the dealership’s first demonstration Rossion Q-1 is scheduled for August 11, 2010.
Dynamic’s first Q-1 is finished in a stunning Sarthe Gray exterior with a beautiful two tone Red and Gray leather interior.

The Q1 is based on the famous English design the Noble M400, known among aficionados as one of the finest driving sports cars ever built. Since acquiring the rights to the Noble technology Rossion Automotive has made more than 300 design and engineering improvements. These changes increased the power and performance of the car and also made the external appearance sophisticated enough for the Q1 to sit alongside Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini to attract camera phone photographers wherever you stop the car. Numerous interior design changes have been made to bring a more luxurious feel to the Q1 while also providing modern comforts such as satellite navigation, power mirrors, hand-stitched interiors, and a premium sound system while remaining focused on the sport of driving.. 0-60 Magazine says that “the Q1 exudes understated cool”

Powering the Q1 is a mid-mounted twin-supercharged aluminum block V6 engine with 450-horsepower and a max torque ratio of 390 lb. ft. at 5,000 rpm. Top speed is 189 mph with 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds and the ability to reach 0-100 mph in 7.7 seconds. The Q1 has a steel space frame with bonded and riveted alloy panels, integral four-point roll cage and G.R.P. composite body with driver/passenger door intrusion beams. At 162 inches long, 74 inches wide (including mirrors) the vehicle weighs lb. 2475 giving it 418 bhp per ton.

The V6 engine delivers a beautiful exhaust note while providing huge torque and almost non-existent turbo lag. The long throttle travel makes it easy to control the 450bhp without wheel spin and response to the throttle is immediate. With 418 bhp per ton the Q1 moves beyond being quick. AutoBlog says “Calling the Q1 quick is like calling water wet … the Q1 is one of the quickest production cars the world has ever seen, featuring a 0-60 mph time equal to the MCLaren F1, Saleen S7 Twin Turbo and the Koenigsegg CCX.” 0-60 Magazine says “The acceleration is savage … figures that should earn the Q1 hypercar status.”

In order to provide superior braking capabilities, the Q1 uses cast iron slotted 13 inch AP Racing brakes. This enables the car to stop from 60 mph in 106 feet without the aid of ABS.

Despite straight-line acceleration that places it in the upper echelon of production performance cars. The Q1 excels in its handling in the bends having inherited what has been described as the “magical” suspension geometry of the Noble M400. The Robb Report says that the Q1 “defies the handling norms of contemporary sports cars.” “Steering is superb: where you look, there you go.” The Rossion Q1 is able to achieve 1.1 g around a 200 foot skidpad and complete a standard slalom at 75mph. By comparison a Ferrari Enzo can only complete the slalom at 73mph and pull 1.02 g on the skid pad.

Despite it’s incredible performance, the Rossion Q1 provides drivers with a very pleasurable driving experience suitable for day to day use unlike many supercars.

The Rossion Q-1 will be introduced to California customers at the Monterey Historic's, August 13th to 15th. Dynamic Auto West will display their Sarthe Gray Q-1 along with a beautiful Suzuka Pearl White Rossion. You will find the Rossion Automotive exhibit in the Expo Display Area (formerly referred to as the Island) of Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Old 08-06-2010 | 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
Yep I got the email a few days ago and have already contacted them. Thanks!

Old 08-27-2010 | 12:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
SpeedRob is on a distinguished roadSpeedRob is on a distinguished road
I've driven one. It was their first demo a blue early build car so wasn't up to current build levels. There was wind whistling through the window seals above 80 or so. Power was great and the car doesn't need more power IMHO. Fit and finish not up to true production standards but not too bad either. Overall a nice car for the price but a Porsche is the more complete ace.

Old 08-27-2010 | 01:00 AM
Ian
Teamspeed Member
Ian has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura aboutIan has a spectacular aura about
I can't wait for mine to arrive!!!!!!!!!! AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Old 08-27-2010 | 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
falb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond reputefalb has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedRob
I've driven one. It was their first demo a blue early build car so wasn't up to current build levels. There was wind whistling through the window seals above 80 or so. Power was great and the car doesn't need more power IMHO. Fit and finish not up to true production standards but not too bad either. Overall a nice car for the price but a Porsche is the more complete ace.
A 100k Porsche isnt even on the same continent as a Rossion in terms of performance. The fit and finish is very good, but you have to keep it in context. This is a very low production street car with supercar performance designed to be light and perform. For example, the paint on my Rossion is way better than any other production car I have owned, including my Panamera. It has all the functions; bluetooth, HD nav, IPod, XM, power locks, power windows, alarm, etc.... but those items are all executed with basic efficiency. e.g. all the ICE comes from a single double DIN Pioneer unit (which is very refreshing - updates in 5 years will be a simple plug and play affair).

The Rossion is not for everyone, neither is a Gumpert (which BTW requires removal of the steering wheel to egress)

Compare the interiors of these two cars. One costs 6 times the other. You get a lot more carbon fiber in the Gumpert but the Rossion has its fair share as well. Carbon seats and rear air cowlings.

Quick Reply: VIDEO: Time to make the Donuts, Rossion Style ;)