Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Pagani C9 spied again in new camouflage

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Pagani C9 spied again in new camouflage

Some notes from me - front is looking ugly in this camo, hope the final product will look different. I am really not sure about AMG M275 6 l V12 bi-turbo engine, it is old tech, low revving and imo not right for this car, again hope I am wrong. I also hope that Pagani knows what he is doing, because with such incoming competitors like a Murcialgo successor and a lightweight supercar which will be based on it and Ferrari Enzo successor, C9 should be really brilliant to justify the price tag and to look good in this company, I just hope it will. Also not sure that it will be presented at auto show first.

Now lets get to article and pics by Autoexpress:

Pagani C9 spied on the prowl

Zonda successor, with 700bhp V12, taking shape ahead of public debut later this year

The new Pagani is already a smash-hit success! A little over two weeks ago a C9 prototype was pictured in bits on the German Autobahn after a high speed accident. But it seems the firm's engineers have managed to pick up the pieces and put the supercars test programme back on track.

A development mule for the Zonda-successor was first spotted around a year ago, but it's come a long way since then - and these are the clearest shots yet of the car set to blow the supercar establishment wide open.

The outrageous bodywork and wedge-like silhouette can now be seen clearly. A redesigned rear diffuser featuring twin instead of quad exhausts, a brand new air intake behind the clear engine cover and a bluff front nose section mark this car out from the Zonda.

But the mid-engined layout and long, aerodynamic rear deck remain. And sitting behind the driver's head will be a Mercedes-sourced 6.0-litre twin-turbo V12 producing around 700bhp and 1000Nm of torque. That should be enough to rocket the C9 from 0-62mph in less than three seconds and on to a top speed in excess of 220mph.

According to Horacio Pagani, the founder of Pagani Automobili S.p.A the C9 will be "a brand-new car from concept, weight distribution, materials and dynamics." Pagani also confirmed that the newcomer will sit on a lightweight but stiff carbon-titanium chassis, wear carbon-ceramic brakes and feature no less than 3,770 new parts compared to the outgoing Zonda.

Production of the C9 is scheduled to begin in late 2010, with a price tag of around £800,000. Expect a world debut at the Paris Motor Show in October.

Pagani C9 spied on the prowl | Auto Express News | News | Auto Express

Old 04-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure it'll be one hell of a car. I'm not sure that comparing the Pagani's price to the upcoming Ferrari and Lamborghini halo cars works here because I have the feeling that the Pagani will be more exlcusive. If they can keep the price about the same as the current model, they should be OK, imo.

Old 04-21-2010, 02:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
They have gone crazy with such a huge amount of camo. They really don't wont anyone to see it before it is released!

Old 04-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nicezeeshan66 is just really nice
Mr Pagani is an absolute mastermind with his pieces of automotive mastery this will surely not disappoint

Old 04-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
NuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond reputeNuclearSymphony has a reputation beyond repute
It would seem (I would hope, at least), that Mr. Pagani does indeed know his market competitors, and we all will have to trust that this insight, as evident in the current Zonda range, will carry through in the future.

I'm in agreement that the TTV12 would be a poor choice for the replacement platform, as Pagani is almost always at the very forefront of technology and exclusivity, as Alex mentioned above. Mercedes' aging TTV12 is hardly either of those.

Part of the appeal (some would say most!) of the current Zonda range is the AMG-modified N/A V12, and the fact that it is an exclusive agreement with AMG. Nobody else uses those exact engines, and they are indeed monsters. Something tells me Pagani will continue to utilize such exclusivity with future powerplant selections.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant futureChris888 has a brilliant future
I hope it stays N/A. Turbo's and Zonda do not go together in my book. Unless they can somehow make it sound and rev like a N/A engine, then Im game.

Camo is OTT.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:35 PM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Pagani C9 will use the M275 bi-turbo 6.0 l V12 engine, of course it will be reworked by AMG, but still. And I have to agree that its really does not sound like a great choice. I am hoping that Pagani knows what he is doing.

Middle segment of supercars like 458 Italia offering mindblowing performance for that price, in higher segment 599 GTO is going to put upside down approach to the front-engined supercars, Murcielago successor is set to blow away with the performance, acceleration and technology thrown in this car, in the highest segment Ferrari preparing the whole new approach to supercars with upcoming Enzo successor, Bugatti is already thinking what to do next to stay at the top of the supercars world with the Veyron and after Veyron. So all segments are moving forward in a great tempo, but the are far less customers than it was before recession, so the competition is really tough nowdays.

So, the Pagani C9 really needs to be really mindblowing in all dimensions to be competative in this challenging world and to justify the price tag which is set rather high. I really that C9 will have all this and will not disappoint.

Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Member
flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!flyonthewall You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
whoever gets car like these will proboly be collector cars in the future...Lucky bum.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Zeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond reputeZeus has a reputation beyond repute
Exclusive & great > just exclusive

Old 06-13-2010, 03:38 AM
Testing continues, looking forward to the official presentation this fall, according to the information I have it will not be Paris, Pagani even not reserved a stand as for now, it will unveiling at the factory for small group of customers with following official launch at Geneva 2011. Specs are likely to sound great also - 3.0 seconds 0-100 sprint, about 390 km/h topspeed and the engine will be reworked hardly to meet the needs of Pagani. So just wait and see. While waiting here is a new pic of a mule.

Quick Reply: Pagani C9 spied again in new camouflage