Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

What is the fastest supercar at this moment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
spocksworld is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the fastest supercar at this moment?

I was just wondering if anybody had any idea on the subject.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 AM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
1) Koenigsegg CCXR 418 km/h

2) SSC Ultimate Aero TT 412 km/h

3) Bugatti 16.4 Veyron 407 km/h

Old 12-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to behold
^ that being said, the Bugatti is an easy choice for me

Old 12-26-2009, 02:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Stephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond reputeStephan has a reputation beyond repute
When did the Koenigsegg officially hit 418?

Old 12-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
It didn't. It's hard for many to admit that the SSC is the fastest car in the world right now.

Old 12-26-2009, 02:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbogallardo
It didn't. It's hard for many to admit that the SSC is the fastest car in the world right now.
I agree.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Turbogallardo
I disagree with this. I think it's just a matter of where you draw the line on what constitutes a supercar / production car.

For many, myself included, I think of the SSC as more of a kit car than a production car. For example, a 1-year warranty? Point being, I'm sure if you called SSC up and said I want 200 more horsepower, but I'm willing to sacrifice reliability / engine life, they would say "sure." I doubt the other two would.

Both Bugatti and Koenigssegg are, to me at least, more true auto manufacturers.

But I have complete respect for what SSC has accomplished. And the car keeps getting more attractive, both inside and out.

Old 12-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
mannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond reputemannnu81 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue

But I have complete respect for what SSC has accomplished. And the car keeps getting more attractive, both inside and out.
Have you seen the 2010 model?

Old 12-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
I disagree with this. I think it's just a matter of where you draw the line on what constitutes a supercar / production car.

For many, myself included, I think of the SSC as more of a kit car than a production car. For example, a 1-year warranty? Point being, I'm sure if you called SSC up and said I want 200 more horsepower, but I'm willing to sacrifice reliability / engine life, they would say "sure." I doubt the other two would.

Both Bugatti and Koenigssegg are, to me at least, more true auto manufacturers.

That's not necessarily the issue here. Although Koenigsegg claims the car does 419 kph, it has not done so under the official guidelines. The SSC has recorded it's speed officially.

However, I do disagree with you that the SSC is a kit car, at least any more so than the Koenigsegg. What is your definition of a kit car? Is it a car that has a build quality which is not as good as a Koenigsegg? Was a Yugo considered a kit car?
Both are extremely low volume production cars. It just so happens that one is extremely well made and one is crap, that happens to look like a Lamborghini kit car, and may very well share parts from one. But it's not a kit car.

Old 12-26-2009, 06:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
my hoda civic with a can, yo

Quick Reply: What is the fastest supercar at this moment?