Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

What is the fastest supercar at this moment?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Teamspeed Member
canyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enoughcanyouheminow83 will become famous soon enough
Officially the worlds fastest car is the ssc ultimate aero and i have to agree the ssc ultimate aero is not a kit car. Although the build quality of the ssc will never be as good as the veyron, i think is has improved over the years.

Last edited by canyouheminow83; 12-26-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
For many, myself included, I think of the SSC as more of a kit car than a production car. For example, a 1-year warranty? Point being, I'm sure if you called SSC up and said I want 200 more horsepower, but I'm willing to sacrifice reliability / engine life, they would say "sure." I doubt the other two would.
I actually think that if you went to them with an open check book, they would indeed build you what you wanted. Ferrari does it all the time.

I really don't get the hate for this car.
The guy poured years into it, obviously lots of money, set out to break a record and did it. Reading the forums you see People calling it an ugly POS kit car. Of course I wont change any ones mind with my opinion, but there is so much ignorance that gets thrown around, its like people talking about their favorite sports teams. SSC was never a kit car mfgr, nor was the car styled from a diablo Kit.
Poor choice by using ford headlights? sure. looks not for everyone? sure. Using a chevy based engine? Sure. Now lets look at the Noble. Tail lights from a Hyundai? yes. Looks not for everyone? sure. Ford based engine? Sure. Its no doubt that its widely respected...and it really IS kit car. So why the hate for SSC? Hell, the Diablo used Nissan headlights.

The noble rides nice and takes the corners with the very best.The SSC rides nice too. It also happens not not only runs with the best, it runs faster.

So what makes a company/car garner respect? A proprietary engine? Koenigsegg used ford engines for a long time... Pagani used Mercedes, Mclaren used BMW. SSC used Chevy blocks, and now uses an in-house designed billet block.

Anyway, I think what gets me the most about the hate for the car is that its American, and now WE hold the record for the fastest car in the WORLD. Give the guy some slack.

This post isnt directed toward anyone in particular, btw.

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
gatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these partsgatorbisquit is infamous around these parts
To Spocksworld;
take this home, chew on it, think it over and enjoy it!

Fastest Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2009-2010
(you might to copy and paste)

Old 12-27-2009, 07:50 AM
QTC
Teamspeed Member
QTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to allQTC is a name known to all
The koenigseggg top speed it's only constructor data, it's not verified by independent people.

Guinness world records give the top seed of SSC. (hot & dry air)

And Top Gear the top speed of Veyron. (cold & wet air)

But the two test aren't comparable

Old 12-27-2009, 08:15 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Seriously, would ANY of you guys in a normal mental state pick

This thing here

over this?

Its like comparing a force inducted Corvette C6 to Ferrari 599. Or like the guys who turbocharge their little JDM imports and run up to you on the highway and say shit like " My civic is faster than ur M3 and i saved about 50 Grand ".
Yea, you may be faster, but in the end, but the two just don't compare.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:43 AM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
I know which car I would pick (the Bugatti) but I don't think that was the subject of the conversation.

The point I am trying to make is that just because someone doesn't like a car doesn't make it any less deserving of its accomplishment.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:23 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
Seriously, would ANY of you guys in a normal mental state pick
I would in a heartbeat. The SSC is a stupidly fast yet involving car. The Veyron, while a technical achievement, has more in common with a video game than a sports car.

The Veyron certainly has more prestige, more gadgets and a plush interior. But some people, myself included, like shifting their own damn gears and not having to run control inputs through an electronic safety council.

For me, the genius of the Veyron is that it's extremely fast, yet could plausibly be used on a daily basis. Not that it makes 1,000 hp, but that it does it on pump gas in every sort of environment imaginable. Not that it will do ~250, but that a child could do it.

However, if I really want to go for a drive in something making north of 1000 hp, I don't really want any of that. I want some theatre, I want it LOUD, and I want it one mistake away from killing me at any given time.

Old 12-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
People hate that American cars can be the fastest. Go SSC and Saleen.

(Full disclosure: I would never buy a SSC, it is hideous)

Old 12-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
subgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond reputesubgraphic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Simba
I would in a heartbeat. The SSC is a stupidly fast yet involving car. The Veyron, while a technical achievement, has more in common with a video game than a sports car.

The Veyron certainly has more prestige, more gadgets and a plush interior. But some people, myself included, like shifting their own damn gears and not having to run control inputs through an electronic safety council.

For me, the genius of the Veyron is that it's extremely fast, yet could plausibly be used on a daily basis. Not that it makes 1,000 hp, but that it does it on pump gas in every sort of environment imaginable. Not that it will do ~250, but that a child could do it.

However, if I really want to go for a drive in something making north of 1000 hp, I don't really want any of that. I want some theatre, I want it LOUD, and I want it one mistake away from killing me at any given time.
here here!

Old 12-27-2009, 10:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder how the Gumpert Apollo would fare against the SCC Aero....

Quick Reply: What is the fastest supercar at this moment?