Notices
Supercars Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Zonda, Venom GT, & More Discussion Forum.

Any info on this Veyron?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Any info on this Veyron?

I was laying in bed about to go to sleep, so I went through the DVR to find something to watch. I put on the show extreme rides (discovery theatre), and prepared to fall asleep. About 2/3 of the way through the program, I am watching sort of passively as they talk about the bugatti grand sport. When all of a sudden I notice that a picture they showed makes NO SENSE to me what-so-ever. Now, if you have watched this show before, it is common place. As a car person they make some HUGE mistakes. Once when they were reviewing a murcielago, they kept showing gallardos! Anyways, I rewound the show, and sure enough I was right, there was something out of place, or should I say something there that should not have been. I didn't know what to do, so I took a picture with my cell phone of the TV and emailed them to my computer (hence the poor quality).

Manual transmission veyron. You can see the stick shift, but what caught my eye was the three pedals. Anyone know about this? I am assuming some sort of prototype or something, but cool none the less.

Name:  photo-1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  129.9 KB

Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  98.5 KB

Name:  photo-2.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  117.9 KB

Old 12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Darkclaw13 is on a distinguished roadDarkclaw13 is on a distinguished roadDarkclaw13 is on a distinguished roadDarkclaw13 is on a distinguished roadDarkclaw13 is on a distinguished roadDarkclaw13 is on a distinguished road
Its one of the Veyron Concept cars. other than the obvious manual transmission you can tell that the dash is shaped differently

Old 12-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Darkclaw13
Its one of the Veyron Concept cars. other than the obvious manual transmission you can tell that the dash is shaped differently
concept car.
Im reading at this exact moment, a book from 2001 and it shows the exact same interior.
The book says that the Veyron prototype has 18cyl, 6.3L and 555hp.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:04 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Well done for spotting that!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:39 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
One of the concepts.

Old 12-15-2009, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Any info as why they decided not to go with manual or what driving that monster was like?

Old 12-15-2009, 11:49 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
concept car.
Im reading at this exact moment, a book from 2001 and it shows the exact same interior.
The book says that the Veyron prototype has 18cyl, 6.3L and 555hp.
wow, 6 years later the car has 987hp.