Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Official NBA 2012/13 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:30 PM
F yeah!!! tit got me a silver bar..
La Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond reputeLa Artist has a reputation beyond repute
Its down to the wire..heat v spurs..

Lebron time!

Edit:

God damn that Ray Allen..2nd match with in a row with that HUGE 3pointer in the last minute..

Damn im happy he joined the Heat

Last edited by La Artist; 11-29-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
Artist excuse me but what the Miami Heat yesterday was not good, almost lost in the second Spurs squad. The Spurs were playing the fourth game in five nights and still earn almost, if not for the egoism of Gary Neal, and De Colo errors on closing. Commissioner David Stern would be apologizing to pop.
My team always San Antonio Spurs

Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
No doubting the greatness of the spurs or their coach, but they are so freakin boring to watch. If they made it to the finals there would be record low ratings like in the mid 2000's when the Lakers, celtics, bulls and heat all sucked.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Originally Posted by Tango
Artist excuse me but what the Miami Heat yesterday was not good, almost lost in the second Spurs squad. The Spurs were playing the fourth game in five nights and still earn almost, if not for the egoism of Gary Neal, and De Colo errors on closing. Commissioner David Stern would be apologizing to pop.
My team always San Antonio Spurs
Winner. Also, he is the coach, he decided to pick the team that played, I don't really understand how there is an argument to penalise the team!?

@zspeed: I can't really sit through a Heat game, I far prefer to see intense defence, like what you'd expect in an NCAA tourney game, than a bulldozing offence.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 11-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond reputeTango has a reputation beyond repute
^Hi, theprotest

Popovich said the decision was based on the team playing four games in five nights. The Spurs started Boris Diaw, Matt Bonner, Tiago Splitter, Nando De Colo and Patty Mills.
"This was a tough loss. I couldn't be more proud of the way the guys played. We had an opportunity to win a basketball game. Winning games in the NBA is tough. I thought we played really well but not quite good enough." -- Popovich.

NBA commissioner David Stern issued a statement regarding Popovich's decisions to rest most of his starters. It read, "I apologize to all NBA fans. This was an unacceptable decision by the San Antonio Spurs and substantial sanctions will be forthcoming." I do not understand either

San Antonio is one team that has dominated the past decade, however publicity spot in the NBA San Antonio almost absent, because it is a small and boring, and now the commissioner cares about his fans.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
I think Stern is overstepping his control, and personally I dislike the guy. His point is, tickets are sold on a tier basis and top teams like lakers, spurs, heat, celtics, etc.; are considered gold teams and tickets are sold at much higher rates. I got 4th row tickets for the Nets at only 400/each, for the Heat game those same seats are 1200/each. So if I paid that much and the big three did not play so they could rest, I would be furious. We can all understand if that happened to us, it would not be fair.
With that said, not sure that a fine on the spurs should be done. Stern needs to chill the hell out.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
No idea what basket ball you see nik. Nobody plays defense like the Heat. Case in point last years finals
Nobody plays too hard during the regular season. Those that do won't have fresh legs come playoff time.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
Hi,

Thanks for that Tango/Speed. I've only been to a couple of NBA games before, one of which was the Clippers V Sacramento, back when Mitch Richmond was playing.

I only see clips on ESPN, as basketball isn't exactly a dominant sport in Australia, nobody really cares about it. But even the clips from the Spurs game showed the Heat just standing around on defence, multiple times, looking disinterested by the whole thing.

All you really have to do is look at the points they concede to know they play weak defence. They let a second string team score over 100 points. Come on.

Cheers,
Nik

Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
maxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond reputemaxemus has a reputation beyond repute
The results are clear for
Everyone to see my friend. Your argument holds no water

Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Hi,

It's not an argument, I don't know why you'd get that from what I said. I know the Heat are #1 in the conference, but I'd be surprised if their points conceded are at the same point. All I said was that I prefer to watch strong structured defence, than flash.

It's hard, because all the kids that I coach see are the highlight reels of blow by drives, etc. It's far and few between to see a solid defensive effort get replayed airtime.

Cheers,
Nik

Quick Reply: Official NBA 2012/13 Thread