Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Wsop '08

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:58 AM
Bre
Teamspeed Rookie
Bre is an unknown quantity at this point
Wsop '08

Anyone going out? Playing any events?

Old 06-12-2008, 03:26 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Scott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond reputeScott in Houston has a reputation beyond repute
I was there for a work thing. I only played one session of poker. The room was full of people who had bumped out for tournaments all over the city.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond reputefusionstorm has a reputation beyond repute
Haven't been there yet, but my buddy went and played in Event #2. He busted out in the first hour, but more than made up for it in the cash games afterwards. Said there's all kinds of dead and loose money in the poker rooms right now. Lots of online players playing live games for the first time, and they're slow to realize that the suckouts and crazy hands that happen all the time online aren't as prevalent in the real world.

I'd love to go down at the end of this month to try and qualify for the main event, but I've got some big things happening at work that are probably going to take up all my time over the next several weeks.....

Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
I had planned on playing the 2,500 NL event last weekend but something came up. I'll be heading to Vegas next weekend but will most likely be playing just some cash games.

I've played in the $1,500 NL event the last 2 years

The cash games for this month are great, lots of easy money. I have a few buddies that go up for the month and don't play a single tournament

Old 06-16-2008, 02:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond reputeashokn225 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a ton of friends out there playing almost every NLHE event. One of my friends won some $500 buy in (non--wsop tourn) at the Bellagio, $45k payout. I was thinking of going as its the first year I can go legally but I'm taking classes over the summer so decided otherwise. Most of the larger events are crapshoots anyways even though they're pretty deepstacked structures. I might go there for a weekend though just for the cash games, dunno yet.