Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Manning released by Colts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
I hope miami is knocking on his door!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by C Money
Manning getting hurt was the best thing to ever happen to the Colts... He is on his last leg and so is most of the D... Gettinng #1 pick allows them to clean shop and start over with what some call "a sure thing" at QB.

When the fans don't really care that the greatest player in there franchises history is released you know it's time to move on.

My money is on Miami, even though i don't understand why you would go there over SF who is ready to win now!

Both Miami and the Jets need a LOT more than a QB, not matter how good that QB is.
Surely you know that the BOLD statement above is impossible to forecast. No one saw Brady becoming what he has. 1st round draft picks, with a few exceptions, do anything worth speaking of...

Old 03-06-2012, 09:10 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Surely you know that the BOLD statement above is impossible to forecast. No one saw Brady becoming what he has. 1st round draft picks, with a few exceptions, do anything worth speaking of...
Well if I was making the statement then I would probably say you have a point... That being said, not many players are ever called a "sure thing" and those that have been have not disappointed (baring injury).

As for your 1st rounders statement, you must watch and know very little about football. Brady is the exception, not the rule.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Following this whole thing peripherally, but does that mean he still receives the $28mil or is that only if he was resigned?

Old 03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
If Manning was smart, he'd retire from football.
Considering the surgeries he's had, last thing I'd want to do is put a helmet on and don a jersey that has a bullseye built into it.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Following this whole thing peripherally, but does that mean he still receives the $28mil or is that only if he was resigned?
No he doesn't, that's why they had to cut him before Thursday at midnight. If you ask Manning, even when he signed the contract years ago, he knew he would never see that bonus. Those are loaded in to help the team allocate there funds to other players under the cap.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
Considering the surgeries he's had, last thing I'd want to do is put a helmet on and don a jersey that has a bullseye built into it.
It's a mentality that most of us will never understand: Glory on the gridiron is infinitely more valuable than one's health.
Same can easily be said for a lot of players. Favre being the most recent and prominent that should have hung it up long before he actually did.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
Agree 100%. He has an amazing short term future in the media working for CBS, or Fox (Espn would work him to death) and long term I can't not seeing him being a GM or even an owner. Coaching though will never be in his future, he is way too much of a perfectionist to actually coach (he would step in even at 50 if his QB was sucking it up).

Old 03-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bonehead
It's a mentality that most of us will never understand: Glory on the gridiron is infinitely more valuable than one's health.
Same can easily be said for a lot of players. Favre being the most recent and prominent that should have hung it up long before he actually did.
While that is true, Favre never had a serious injury. Brett jumped ship quick when concussions and broken bones became more prevalent. I still think Favre could play at a top 10 level if he stays healthy, the guy truly was one of the greatest competitors to ever strap on a helmet.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by C Money
While that is true, Favre never had a serious injury. Brett jumped ship quick when concussions and broken bones became more prevalent. I still think Favre could play at a top 10 level if he stays healthy, the guy truly was one of the greatest competitors to ever strap on a helmet.
Agreed, but I was more referring to the fact that he could have left a better legacy if he retired earlier. Granted, he did have a stellar season with MN, but no SB ring, then no matter

Quick Reply: Manning released by Colts