Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

No B-Ball?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
^

Old 11-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
can't really add to what's already been said

all I know is that if no deal is reached, we'll see a bunch of Bentleys repo'd soon

Old 11-14-2011, 05:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Axxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond reputeAxxlrod has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CrazyRuskie
More whiny rich ball players... they should go join Occupy Wallstreet and cry that it's unfair for them to make millions playing a game.
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Yawn.
Originally Posted by McRae
meh
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
I personally hope that the players go fvcking broke. Spoiled, whiney, entitled, ungrateful bitches.
That about sums it up.

Old 11-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
clemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond reputeclemson3 has a reputation beyond repute
No NBA season? Sounds like a damn good thing to me. Hell yeah

Old 11-14-2011, 06:03 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
These guys are a bunch a whiny babys and I dont feel sorry for any major sport athlete. The money they get paid to play and entertain fans is stupid. I grew up playing sports and enjoy watching but I would never pay the stupid tickets prices they want to charge to see games. All they become is spoiled little brats.

These guys should be making a couple of million per year not this 5-25million, nobody deserve money like that especially athletes. If they can't live on a few million per year they better go back to school and learn how to save your money.

Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 PM
Registered Member
DrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond reputeDrgnTmr has a reputation beyond repute
When the baseball players went on strike several years back, sentiment was pretty much the same. When resolution was achieved, the "loyal" fans weren't so sure they needed to be as loyal as they had been. Put a real blemish on the game for several years.
Pro sports, of all types, needs to realize, despite their skill and athletic prowess, they are still just playing a game.
A bunch of people like to watch, however .. I'd rather champion educators and many others that provide a positive contribution ......

Old 11-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
Just one more. Unclear exactly what you are trying to get across post Chris.

Please don't sugarcoat it next time

No way these guys don't play. They'd be fricking idiots not to just say ya. Looks good now continue to pay me too much to throw an orange ball around.

Mark- I literally LOL'd at that last part! You're giving WAY too much credit to those guys! Half of which couldn't pass a simple MATH class.

Actually I find this perfectly fitting considering how many entitled American's we have.

Like I said- I hope they fvcking go broke and on the street! Them and their bitch crews!

Old 11-14-2011, 07:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond reputebonehead has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DrgnTmr
When the baseball players went on strike several years back, sentiment was pretty much the same. When resolution was achieved, the "loyal" fans weren't so sure they needed to be as loyal as they had been. Put a real blemish on the game for several years.
Pro sports, of all types, needs to realize, despite their skill and athletic prowess, they are still just playing a game.
A bunch of people like to watch, however .. I'd rather champion educators and many others that provide a positive contribution ......
Wouldn't it be nice if there were actual consequences for their greed? I remember the baseball strike. Yeah, people rumbled about how they lost the love for the game. But lo and behold, virtually no one remembers it even happened. Game is strong as it always was, and players are making the same ridiculous salaries despite it.
And while we would all like to fantasize that they'll go broke, losing one season won't mean anything for 99.9% of them. Even the bench warmers make well into the 6 figures.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Wouldn't it be nice if there were actual consequences for their greed? I remember the baseball strike. Yeah, people rumbled about how they lost the love for the game. But lo and behold, virtually no one remembers it even happened. Game is strong as it always was, and players are making the same ridiculous salaries despite it.
And while we would all like to fantasize that they'll go broke, losing one season won't mean anything for 99.9% of them. Even the bench warmers make well into the 6 figures.
I don't agree on your 99% will be ok. I'd bet 60% plus of them are highly leveraged against their contracts. They typically spend it faster than they make it.

I feel sorry for the kids that work concessions, ticketing etc. these people rely on the part time work to survive.

I too could careless about the lazy playing NBA players.

Let's extend college season and pay those kids 100k each to entertain. Field a team for under 2 million and away we go. Real hustle basketball with 20 dolla seats.

Win win win. Well except some jewelers and car salesmen lose their cash cows.

Old 11-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond repute
I don't see the NBA recovering from this. The fan base was already rapidly dwindling. As this thread shows, nobody cares anymore. My friends and I all lost interest over the years and we used to be huge fans. The players and their ridiculous guaranteed contracts just screwed themselves.

Quick Reply: No B-Ball?