Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

:::Official 2011 NFL Season Banter Thread:::

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 11:35 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Pats are spanking the Jets, and I an't hating it.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:05 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Go Pats.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
parealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond reputeparealtor has a reputation beyond repute
Watching last nights Saints killing of the Giants on MNF made me realize just how bad the Eagles really are.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:26 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Ummm, go Aaron, it's your birthday.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Ummm, go Aaron, it's your birthday.
That was a fvcking beatdown yesterday. Aaron had a pretty 'so-so' day (by his standards and what we've come to expect), but the D stepped up bigtime!

The douche commentators always jump all over the Pack D because "they rank 31st in the league in pass defense and pass yards per game blah blah I'm a fagget blah."

Well, they also rank 17th in points allowed and, get this, FIRST in takeaways and points off takeaways, so eat shit commentator. Woodson isn't even human and our backup linebackers (Francois and Smith) are stepping up huge. Might catch some flack for this, but I'll say it...the Packers D is GOOD if not excellent. They bend, never break. And with an offense that scores 30+ points a game consistently they can afford to bend a bit here and there..

Old 12-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Bend never break? They have kept only 3 teams under 15 and have allowed 3 teams to score 34+... If you think the Packers D is excellent you are nuts! Just like the 09 saints, when your O scores like crazy you are able to take multiple chances on D and sometimes you get lucky... There is a reason many analyst think they may run into troubles in the winter as they are not built to win games where they score under 20.

All of that said they are a great team, but when you start saying there D is excellent you start to sound like those who think Tebow is actually a QB.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Oh and by your logic the Patriots are a bend don't break D/good to excellent as they actually give up on avg LESS points per game than the patriots... Come on bro, do the research before you make the argument.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond reputePorscheAudi has a reputation beyond repute
Yes, they give up yards. Yes, they give up some points. Have they lost us a game yet? They have yet to bend to a point where the Packers are in serious trouble (i.e. large deficits; our biggest this season is 14).

That and they usually score twice per game so that goes a long way to offsetting the 1-2 big plays they also tend to give up per game. Bottom line is I have never seen a defense be able to 'turn it on' like they can. They do rely on the fact that the O puts up a ton of points, but they also have shown that they can shut it down if they need to. And they get takeaways and score points like a motherfvcker.

Also, yes, I am a fanboi if you can't tell .

Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Bend never break? They have kept only 3 teams under 15 and have allowed 3 teams to score 34+... If you think the Packers D is excellent you are nuts! Just like the 09 saints, when your O scores like crazy you are able to take multiple chances on D and sometimes you get lucky... There is a reason many analyst think they may run into troubles in the winter as they are not built to win games where they score under 20.

All of that said they are a great team, but when you start saying there D is excellent you start to sound like those who think Tebow is actually a QB.
And Tbro has had two games where his offense scored above 20. Two of his five wins needed overtime, but he's a god. Sheesh. Ah well, your Bears are above .500. (Barely)

Old 12-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by C Money
Oh and by your logic the Patriots are a bend don't break D/good to excellent as they actually give up on avg LESS points per game than the patriots... Come on bro, do the research before you make the argument.
This statement actually doesn't make any sense as written so I assume that you meant Packers instead of Patriots. Do the research? My Packers are 13-0 and the D has THE MOST takeaways and points off takeaways in the league. That's all the research I need.

Anyhoo, see you in the playoffs. Oh wait, no I won't.

Quick Reply: :::Official 2011 NFL Season Banter Thread:::