Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

:::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
I'm not denying that LSU, Florida, USC, or anyone is a good team right now.

I'm not fooled by the Gator's rank... I think next week will determine a lot, because I think Bama is one hell of a team. Based on how solid the Gators looked yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they upset Bama.

I think USC is a great team; they have arguably the best talent in the US - but Lane Kiffin just hasn't proved himself as HC yet... I truly believe that ASU would've lost yesterday had Pete had been coaching SC. Those guys use to come on the field like animals; it was intimidating to watch... Since Carroll's been gone you can just see it's not there anymore.
You lost me at "they have arguably the best talent in the US".... I can not think of one position where there player is the best in the country, so lets not even go with the entire team...Hell I am having a hard time figuring who on the Trojans is the best at there position within the pac-12.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I'm talking recruiting power over the past few years...

Not sure if you follow Rivals, Scout, Max Preps, ESPN, etc. but USC has just about had their pick of the litter... Last year #4 overall, even with sanctions thrown at them. Wanna argue that?

That's why I'm saying it's the coaching staffs fault; they're not getting the full potential out of these kids.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
You lost me at "they have arguably the best talent in the US".... I can not think of one position where there player is the best in the country, so lets not even go with the entire team...Hell I am having a hard time figuring who on the Trojans is the best at there position within the pac-12.
LOL, I totally agree

Old 09-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
USC could have every trophy winner possible (Heisman, Naismith, Outland, etc.) and you'd still find a reason to knock them...

I agree 100% about the drop-off after Pete Carroll left. There's no question he was the glue that held it together.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
^not at all, however for everyone to act like they are the holy grail is absurd. they are a good football team, they won the last few years with Pete by breaking the rules, ala Reggie Bush. His last season was what,
9-4, Pete saw the writing on the wall unlike some fans and hung USC out to dry

Old 09-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GLN
I'm talking recruiting power over the past few years...

Not sure if you follow Rivals, Scout, Max Preps, ESPN, etc. but USC has just about had their pick of the litter... Last year #4 overall, even with sanctions thrown at them. Wanna argue that?

That's why I'm saying it's the coaching staffs fault; they're not getting the full potential out of these kids.
I do follow all of that, but as most will tell you it means very little... Take LSU 2 years ago landing Ruben Randal and Russel Shepard who were both top 5 in America(overall)... Fast forward to 2012 and neither have lived up to their expectations (yes Randal is a beast but he should be as good as if not better than floyd and blackmon). Just like in the NFL I could care less how you grade out prior to entering college/pro's its how you turnout 2-3 years down the road that really explains your recruiting skills....

But for arguments sake you are correct, USC in the past could have their pick of the litter, but when they lost the Hawaiian linebacker to ND it started a downhill spiral.

ps- please don't lump me into the Christian USC hater-aide group... I will admit I think the Pac-12 is vastly over rated and over-hyped, but will give them credit when credit is due (Oregon last year).

Last edited by C Money; 09-25-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^hater, not at all. whenever people claim they are the greatest ect than thats irritating. USC was strong in there day, there day has passed.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
I do follow all of that, but as most will tell you it means very little... Take LSU 2 years ago landing Ruben Randal and Russel Shepard who were both top 5 in America(overall)... Fast forward to 2012 and neither have lived up to their expectations (yes Randal is a beast but he should be as good as if not better than floyd and blackmon). Just like in the NFL I could care less how you grade out prior to entering college/pro's its how you turnout 2-3 years down the road that really explains your recruiting skills....

But for arguments sake you are correct, USC in the past could have their pick of the litter, but when they lost the Hawaiian linebacker to ND it started a downhill spiral.

ps- please don't lump me into the Christian USC hater-aide group... I will admit I think the Pac-12 is vastly over rated and over-hyped, but will give them credit when credit is due (Oregon last year).
Oregon last year was the epitome of "over rated and over-hyped" - they were eviscerated by Auburn, and they got spanked by LSU this year.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:15 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
One word. Toon

Second, Madison.

Done in two years. Rose Bowl.

Brewers, doing fine, Pack as well, Yipee. Home seats for all of them.

Rogers, nuff said.

Last edited by Brobbins016; 09-26-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 12:37 AM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Will send rep when I can! Post of the week

Quick Reply: :::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::