Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

:::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
ORLANDO where's that tough guy talk now?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orlando333
The only team that matters is USC

Fight On
Zona St.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:40 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
ASU is typically a talented team that shoots themselves in the foot in every game.

Last year they managed to let games against Oregon, Wisconsin, USC, and Stanford all slip away - all within final plays. They don't know how to behave on the field, and they've been penalized heavily for it over and over again. It pretty much always costs them the game.

Yesterday we were able to control our guys, even Vontaze, and that's why we won.

Mazzone is doing promising things at OC. If Erickson doesn't finish out the season with 8+ wins this season, he'll be at the chopping block.

Still a lot more of the season left, but this game was a big game on recruiting for ASU.

Old 09-25-2011, 11:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
when was last time ASU won 8+ games in a season?^

Old 09-25-2011, 12:14 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
2007... When (#4) ASU, USC, CAL, and Oregon were in the BCS top 5 over the course of a few weeks and no one got out unscathed...

You know, a year after we outplayed #5 LSU, and JaMarcus threw a 60 yard+ bomb on 4th and 10 with seconds left on the clock and they called Early Doucet's catch in the endzone complete, when it was quite obviously incomplete.

Last edited by GLN; 09-25-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by GLN
2007... When (#4) ASU, USC, CAL, and Oregon were in the BCS top 5 over the course of a few weeks and no one got out unscathed...

You know, a year after we outplayed #5 LSU, and JaMarcus threw a 60 yard+ bomb on 4th and 10 with seconds left on the clock and they called Early Doucet's catch in the endzone complete, when it was quite obviously incomplete.
LSU is the best team in the country, love it or hate it

Old 09-25-2011, 12:38 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
I'm not denying that LSU, Florida, USC, or anyone is a good team right now.

I'm not fooled by the Gator's rank... I think next week will determine a lot, because I think Bama is one hell of a team. Based on how solid the Gators looked yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if they upset Bama.

I think USC is a great team; they have arguably the best talent in the US - but Lane Kiffin just hasn't proved himself as HC yet... I truly believe that ASU would've lost yesterday had Pete had been coaching SC. Those guys use to come on the field like animals; it was intimidating to watch... Since Carroll's been gone you can just see it's not there anymore.

Old 09-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Once again Oregon's offense rolled and the D looked marginal at best. How they let AZ score that much in last nights game was awful. In the first half AZ dropped every good pass. Had they made some of those catches, it would have been a close game. I am afraid based on that game we are in deep shit when the Stanford game comes.

GO DUCKS!

Old 09-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
The Tide put on another great defensive show for the crowd at Bryant-Denny yesterday. The weather and atmosphere was incredible. Can't wait until the Florida game on Saturday.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^game should be a dandy but Bama is stacked.

Quick Reply: :::College Football 2011 - Banter Thread:::