Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Major League Baseball Thread 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ It's about damn time!! Ha Ha!

Great shots Jon!! Did you commit your first child for those seats??

I hear tickets to see Jeter get hit 3,000 are going for crazy bank.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:39 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I was curious thinking about what the seats would have gone for. The closest comparison I saw to my seats were for ones in the same row 2 sections down further, the guy was asking $15K for 2 tickets on StubHub. Doubtful he got that, especially considering they announced Jeter would not be playing in that game.

The worst part of this whole thing is I had tickets for this Friday and Saturday... just got an e-mail this morning stating my tickets were accidentally given away today...

Jon,

You are not going to believe this and I will call you in a few. I am very sorry. We have an issue with the tickets. I checked in to see where they were and why I had not receive them yet.

They got confused and erroneously gave our tickets to another group. Unfortunately they have already been distributed. I have never had this happen before.

They promised to get me replacement tickets. Choose whatever games you'd like in August. I am very sorry buddy.

I will call you in a few.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ Off with their heads!!!

Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Great pics GLN!! And even better seats! I still have to make it up there for a Mets game. I have been to Yankee stadium, but never made it to Shea or Citi Field.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:35 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
I should've gotten a lot more pics, but I was too busy slamming drinks and enjoying the game.

Citi Field really is so beautiful.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Tell CC to straighten out his hat! Ha Ha!

Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
I tried talking to him a few times, he wasn't having it. He was however nice enough to turn around and pose for a picture for a group of kids.

Only ones to pay attention/react to fans were A-Rod, Cano, and Swish.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
The only way players will ever react or respond is if you are under 10 years old or have at least a D-cup.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ There are team and league rules that prevent the players from interacting with fans during the game.

You have seen where I sit. The players come on deck within arms reach of me.

The only player that has ever reacted to me is Bobby Abreu. He will say hello to me and call me by name before his first at bat of the game - but nothing after that.

Several other players will give you a wink or a peace sign, but they never speak to you. Most won't even throw balls into the stands.

I think it has to do with not creating a frenzy and staying focused on the task at hand.

Old 07-06-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeah I know about the rule during the game. And that is understable. The only exception to my rule before the game is the Wrigley Field bleachers and in that case they are messing with fans and laughing at hecklers.

Quick Reply: The Major League Baseball Thread 2011