Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

*** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Lebron is a great basketball player.

End of story.

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:20 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
LeBron is an egomaniac. I rest my case.

Old 05-27-2011 | 09:22 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mythic
Lebron is a great basketball player.

End of story.
+1

Originally Posted by BigE
LeBron is an egomaniac. I rest my case.
Lebron says things that could be construed as selfish. He plays the game unselfishly.

You must be a supporter of "It's not what you do, it's what you say."

I rest my case.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-27-2011 | 09:29 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Anyway, back on topic:

I can't wait for Tuesday to come. I think the Mavs might get game 1, they'll be better rested than the Heat and might not get caught up in the Finals atmosphere as much.

Last edited by STLG; 05-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2011 | 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
theprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond reputetheprotest has a reputation beyond repute
I don't really like LeBron, but that is purely because of his actions, not his skill level.

Either way... I bet Dan Gilbert is about to have a heart attack!

Old 05-27-2011 | 10:31 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
+1

Lebron says things that could be construed as selfish. He plays the game unselfishly.

You must be a supporter of "It's not what you do, it's what you say."

I rest my case.
My favorite atheletes of all time are:

- Jerry Rice
- Joe Montana
- Ronnie Lott
- Roger Craig
- Tom Rathman
- Magic Johnson
- Kareem Adbul Jabbar
- MIchael Cooper
- James Worthy
- Kurt Rambis
- Byron Scott

Not much sayin' and lots of doin', Mr. "I love
entertainer-types in professional sports."

I rest my case.

Old 05-27-2011 | 10:38 PM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
E you left of you childhood idols

Billy Jean King
Martina Nav

Old 05-28-2011 | 02:02 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
What major, big-time athlete isn't selfish, egomaniac, etc. Lebron James, A-Rod, Tiger Woods, Peyton Manning just to name a few.

BigE - Your Laker's squad is filled with ego driven players. Gasol, Bryant, and Odom. Need I say more!

Old 05-28-2011 | 03:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by BigE
My favorite atheletes of all time are:

- Jerry Rice
- Joe Montana
- Ronnie Lott
- Roger Craig
- Tom Rathman
- Magic Johnson
- Kareem Adbul Jabbar
- MIchael Cooper
- James Worthy
- Kurt Rambis
- Byron Scott

Not much sayin' and lots of doin', Mr. "I love
entertainer-types in professional sports."

I rest my case.
Never did I say "I love entertainer-types in professional sports."

I said I said there's nothing wrong with liking entertainers. Professional athletes are paid to entertain.

I didn't want it to come to this, but here's the truth.

I'm sure you're successful and at least decently good at what you do, but are you in the top 5 in the world, or even the country at whatever your profession is? I doubt it.

Are you one of the best in the history of your profession? I doubt it.

Do millions of people around the globe care about what you do or how well you do it? Nope.

Do you have the respect and adoration of millions of people? Nope.

Did you, at the age of 17 or younger, realize what your natural talents were and begin improving and perfecting those talents? Did you commit yourself to pursuing a profession that very few people are successful at? Probably not.

In the grand scheme of things are you even remotely as special or important to the company you work for as Lebron James is to the NBA? Nope. Or, in the event that you own your own business, are you so dominant over your competitors that they recruit other people in your profession to compete directly with you? Nope.

Lebron James is not only one of the greatest basketball players ever, he's also one of the greatest athletes ever. Whether or not he's an egomaniac is up for debate, but even if he is an egomaniac, he has every right to be. He was born an athlete, and has worked extremely hard to be as great as he is. Unless you're in a similar position of greatness, you really shouldn't be judging him on what you feel is a lack of humility.

Here's the point. If you could honestly answer yes to all, or even most of the above questions, you might not be the same person you are right now. And until you are answering yes to all/most of those questions, you will not be able to understand what goes through Lebron James' head when people ask him about his performance or ability.

Edit: Just something to think about, if you get offended by someone telling you that you are not equivalent in your profession to Lebron in the NBA, then you are probably a cocky egomaniac yourself. Everyone else will have no problem accepting that they are not the Lebron James of their profession (unless they are, then that's a different story).

Last edited by STLG; 05-28-2011 at 03:28 AM.
Old 05-28-2011 | 07:46 AM
|
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
Do you have the respect and adoration of millions of people? Nope.
Seriously bud... Millions do not respect Lebron and adore, come on now!

I do agree that they are entertainers and should not be mandated to be role models.... That being said with fame and fortune comes criticism and I do expect a thicker skin and a better sense of judgment when it comes to his/hers actions... Why? I think you keep missing the point, people find fault with Lebron as a person more so than as a athlete... He made a spectacle of his sport and embraced a franchise by "leading" them on for months.... LeBron never had an intention to stay in Cleveland and should of been man enough to say that.

Quick Reply: *** Official Teamspeed NBA Playoff's Thread***