Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Cardinals and Albert Pujols End Discussions With No Contract

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:05 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
The spotlight is off of Pujols for the moment now that Wainwright is out for the year.

It has been a bad week for the Cardinals.
Wainwright being out is a HUGE hit to that ball club. I wouldn't be shocked if the Cubs were a serious contender for the NL Central. The new owner is extremely aggressive and I am happy for them. I feel bad for the Cubbies. The Blackhawks I have only harsh feelings toward though...

Old 12-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
The Jason Werth deal was the most criticized deal in the past 10 years. It was a mistake.

But 7 years is not 10 and Werth isn't expecting $30 million plus a year.

Also, his contract includes a pretty lucrative buy-out for ownership after only 4-years. Read the fine print buddy.

Where would the Yankees play Tex? Both Albert and Tex are gold glove first basemen. Who will move to make room?

Would you pay Albert $30 million for him to be a DH and waste his instincts in the field?

And Tex's contract is WAY to big to trade.

The Yankees will not pursue Pujols.
Well its not the Yankees, and who knows the per year # but 10 years was the # I said he would be offered 10 months ago.

http://http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/...ct-sources-say

Old 12-06-2011, 05:45 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Omar@VelosDesignwerks You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Should be interesting to see how this whole things plays out.. Albert is a cool guy, would love him here in Miami but I think he's going back to St Louis.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:51 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
As awesome as it would be for my cubbies to snag Pujols away from the hated Cardinals i believe Prince is a better long term investment....

Old 12-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
As awesome as it would be for my cubbies to snag Pujols away from the hated Cardinals i believe Prince is a better long term investment....
You have a good point. Pujols is the best player in the game, but I think he is reaching the climax in his career. At 31 yrs of age, he'll do well for a couple more years, but wouldn't benefit Chicago in the long run. Fielder is a much better option.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
+ 10 years is way too long... Maybe of cubbies were in AL so they could DH him it would be possible but not in the NL... That being said if he does sign with Da Cubs and they win the World Series in next 1-4 years I could care less if it bankrupts the team!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond reputeSATURN_rob has a reputation beyond repute
^^ If they ever win a World Series

Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
pujols to the angels. must be dana's birthday.

Last edited by Mr Kram; 12-08-2011 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Blastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond reputeBlastr17 has a reputation beyond repute
Dana, big day for you. Albert and C.J. but you guys have some seriously bad contracts now

Old 12-08-2011, 04:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats to the Angels. I wish he would have went to the Marlins, but for some reason they wouldn't go for the no-trade clause while the Angels did. He's better off in the American League anyways with that long-term contract, he can move to DH when his body starts diminishing.

Quick Reply: Cardinals and Albert Pujols End Discussions With No Contract