Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
YAY!!! We were entertaining, but not winning, and then at the end of the year, we couldn't get a penalty call if our playoff lives depended on it (they didn't since we were so far out at that point). But now, we get the first overall pick AGAIN!!!! I sure hope the Oilers take Nail Yakupov, that kid sure looks like the real deal!!! What a deadly top 4 forwards we'll have with Eberle, Nuge, Hall and Yakupov. Gonna be fun to go to games again!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Bracket time. Came across this on the NHL site, so naturally I made a TS 'league'. Join in.

Session | Sign In
League Name: TEAMSPEED
League Password: porsche
I joined

Last edited by Bonita; 04-10-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
YAY!!! We were entertaining, but not winning, and then at the end of the year, we couldn't get a penalty call if our playoff lives depended on it (they didn't since we were so far out at that point). But now, we get the first overall pick AGAIN!!!! I sure hope the Oilers take Nail Yakupov, that kid sure looks like the real deal!!! What a deadly top 4 forwards we'll have with Eberle, Nuge, Hall and Yakupov. Gonna be fun to go to games again!!!
Again...Like you guys really need another top draft pick

Old 04-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Again...Like you guys really need another top draft pick
Haha. When WE'RE the defending cup champs, THEN I'll agree with you.

God, right now, I just can't wait to get back to the playoffs!!!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Superfly
Haha. When WE'RE the defending cup champs, THEN I'll agree with you.

God, right now, I just can't wait to get back to the playoffs!!!
That'll be the day

Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
That'll be the day
It's coming. Playoffs next year, and then the march to the finals in the years to follow. There's so much parity in the league now, you need a hot goalie and a little luck in the playoffs, and you're in the show. It'll happen. Just not this year.........

Old 04-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I'm still surprised how terrible you were this year with all your talent. Once those guys mature a little edmonton will have quite a streak on their hands and I wouldn't be surprised to see a cup run in the next few years.

My underdog team is columbus. Wish Nash would stay and they start Hunwick now that they signed him. That would be nice, with Jack Johnson on the blue line. Can't blame nash for getting out though.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Yeah, believe me, we were pretty surprised at how poor we showed as well. But then again, the hockey news did predict us at 29th. Maybe those guys do know something after all........

I feel for Nash. It sucks to be such an elite player and stuck in such mediocrity. Gotta say though, that was a masterful trade for Johnson....and the Kings...... LOL I don't blame Nash for wanting out either.

Old 04-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Columbus has some talent too, they just didn't show up. Carter and Wisniewski mainly.

If they can add a few more and somehow getting things going, they'll start to become competitive too

But I mean nash, first overall. Been in the show 10 years and has made the playoffs once, only to be swept by the wings. I'm impressed he stuck around this long and admire how he finished this season strong when he really could have coasted. I would say he did the absolute best he could for the team and that city. Maybe they can get a some good players and prospects in a trade for him.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
^^^ totally agreed. But while I'm a huge JJ fan, I was still surprised that they traded away Carter so soon after acquiring him. And Nash is a solid team guy. I hope that he gets his wish to be traded to a contender, and I hope that Columbus gets something in return that gets them out of the basement and heading toward success.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread