Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
I was watching some of the Jets game earlier, saw the second goal. They're looking good actually.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Started out the season like carp and are steadily improving.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Just watched the first episode of 24/7. Best series on TV. It could be any two teams and still be pure gold.

Old 12-17-2011, 11:15 PM
Banned
Manettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to allManettino is a name known to all
Who saw the Rangers score that goal with 00.1 left of the clock?????

Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Started out the season like carp and are steadily improving.
I hope they go far in the playoffs, the Jets deserve it, as does the City of Winnipeg...

Last edited by Manettino; 12-17-2011 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Bruins/Habs tonight!

Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Bruins/Habs tonight!
Thats not good at all for us...lol

Old 12-19-2011, 05:27 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

ROY: “I WOULD LISTEN IF THE CANADIENS CALLED”

Roy: "I would listen if the Canadiens called"

If an NHL team - namely the Montreal Canadiens - came calling regarding a vacant job, Patrick Roy certainly won't have his Stanley Cup rings plugged in his ears.

The former Canadiens goaltender and Hall of Famer told reporters on Sunday that he would consider any proposal that's brought to his attention at the end of the season.

"Once the end of the season arrives and if a team shows some interest in me - Colorado or Montreal for example - it's certain I would listen to see what kind of role I would have in the organization," Roy said at a media conference following a victory by his Quebec Remparts on Sunday. "So to respond to your question, yes - it is certain I would listen if the Canadiens called."

Roy's name has already been bandied about in media and fan circles as the logical choice to coach the Canadiens after the club replaced Jacques Martin over the weekend with interim head coach Randy Cunneyworth. Canadiens general manager Pierre Gauthier stipulated on Saturday that Cunneyworth would be behind the bench through the end of the season.

"I'm extremely flattered by the public's reaction," Roy told reporters. "Ever since my jersey retirement (in 2008), I've had a closer relationship with the fans and the Canadiens organization. When you see people continue to push for my candidacy, it's very flattering. It also encourages me because in some way it makes me realize that what we're doing with the Remparts is being recognized by admirers."

Roy, who is the coach, GM and part-owner of the Remparts, guided the QMJHL team to a Memorial Cup championship in 2006 and has helped build a perennial Top 10 CHL team in the provincial capital.

Since working with the Remparts, the 46-year-old has been a subject of speculation for NHL coaching and GM jobs with both the Canadiens and Colorado Avalanche - the two teams that Roy played for in his 18-year NHL career.

"Honestly, if I was appproached one day, it's the type of discussion I would like to keep quiet," Roy continued. "I'm at a period in my life where I'm analyzing every situation that presents itself to me."

Roy also addressed the questions about whether a non-French speaker should be awarded the top post in Montreal.

"It's a very delicate question," he explained. "I understand in one way that the Canadiens organization have given assistant coach positions to anglophones. I'm convinced it's a question that must annoy the organization. But sometimes we have no control of what happens. I imagine that Pierre Gauthier believes that the best person to replace Jacques Martin was a person internally. For the fans, it's not easy to accept. But they must have confidence in the organization."

Old 12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Roy also addressed the questions about whether a non-French speaker should be awarded the top post in Montreal.
Impressively pretentious organization.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by slord
Impressively pretentious organization.
Quite the truth...but...its Montreal...and well an anglo Coach just doesnt make sense...

Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM
Stumbled on these!

Attached Images       

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread