Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough
Maurice got fired by the canes, kirk muller in.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond reputeVKING has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 599xx
Yeah great guy, would like him as leaf coach.
Me too!

Old 11-28-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough599xx is a jewel in the rough
Pity we are doing so well lol. Means rotten will get a new contract meh.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:44 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Imagine Boudreau's reaction!

He'll get a job faster than he can clear out his office.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
just found out im not leaving for Minot ND until next tuesday now.. reason being my friend bought my tickets for monday the 6ths home game.. so i now have a game the tuesday,friday ad next monday.. all with the same girl. cant beat my last week home.. GO HAWKS!!!!!!

Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Imagine Boudreau's reaction!

He'll get a job faster than he can clear out his office.
I agree, he'll get a job real fast. He basically turn the caps around. Too bad he could never take them all the way.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
I love Lemieux and all but this kind of settles the debate on the best hockey player ever. Gretzky has more career assists then anyone else has points...

Wayne Gretzky: Happy Birthday To the Best Athlete in the NHL or Any Sport Ever

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...any-sport-ever

It's Wayne Gretzky's 50th birthday this week and my gift to him is to, once and for all, prove that he is the best athlete to ever play any sport. It's actually quite easy. I could do it with just the next sentence.

If Wayne Gretzky never scored a goal, he'd still be the NHL's all-time leading points scorer.

Boom! Done.

Gretzky had 1,963 assists in his career.

1. Wayne Gretzky—1,963 (assists only)
2. Mark Messier—1,887 (goals + assists)
3. Gordie Howe—1,850 (goals + assists)

If that isn't amazing enough, Wayne Gretzky scored the most goals of all-time, too—894!

Case closed. Game over. So, that makes it:

* Wayne Gretzky—2,857 (goals + assists)

A whopping 970 more points than anyone ever! Absolute bananas. Just the extra 970 points is more than the career totals of:

* Maurice Richard—965 (goals + assists) Hall of Fame
* Chris Chelios—948 (goals + assists) And he played like 40 seasons.
* Bobby Orr—915 (goals + assists) Hall of Fame

If that wasn't enough:

* Wayne Gretzky is the only player ever to score 200 points in a season—and he did it four times.
* He won the MVP (Hart Memorial Trophy) eight years in a row. Nine times total.
* His teams won the Stanley Cup four times.
* His jersey number, 99, is retired by every single team in the NHL.
* His list of achievements go on and on and on...
* No steroids. No scandals. Just the most incredible athlete ever.

Happy Birthday, Wayne Gretzky! You're still my favorite player. I'm going to celebrate your birthday by playing as you on my vintage arcade game, "2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge"!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Wayne Gretzky IS the greatest athlete of all-time. Not to mention my favorite athlete.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Gretz b day is jan 26. Did you see how paulina turned out

Old 11-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going to disagree. As an "Athlete" Gretz was mid range. Natural ability however, he's the best ever. The guy saw the game at a whole different level.
Originally Posted by McRae
I love Lemieux and all but this kind of settles the debate on the best hockey player ever. Gretzky has more career assists then anyone else has points...

Wayne Gretzky: Happy Birthday To the Best Athlete in the NHL or Any Sport Ever

Wayne Gretzky: Happy Birthday To the Best Athlete in the NHL or Any Sport Ever | Bleacher Report

It's Wayne Gretzky's 50th birthday this week and my gift to him is to, once and for all, prove that he is the best athlete to ever play any sport. It's actually quite easy. I could do it with just the next sentence.

If Wayne Gretzky never scored a goal, he'd still be the NHL's all-time leading points scorer.

Boom! Done.

Gretzky had 1,963 assists in his career.

1. Wayne Gretzky—1,963 (assists only)
2. Mark Messier—1,887 (goals + assists)
3. Gordie Howe—1,850 (goals + assists)

If that isn't amazing enough, Wayne Gretzky scored the most goals of all-time, too—894!

Case closed. Game over. So, that makes it:

* Wayne Gretzky—2,857 (goals + assists)

A whopping 970 more points than anyone ever! Absolute bananas. Just the extra 970 points is more than the career totals of:

* Maurice Richard—965 (goals + assists) Hall of Fame - Different Era
* Chris Chelios—948 (goals + assists) And he played like 40 seasons - Played thru the dead puck era, not to mention, was a Shut down Defenseman.
* Bobby Orr—915 (goals + assists) Hall of Fame - had major knee surgery in his ROOKIE SEASON. We never knew a fully healthy Bobby.

If that wasn't enough:

* Wayne Gretzky is the only player ever to score 200 points in a season—and he did it four times. Mario had 199 in 64 (?).
* He won the MVP (Hart Memorial Trophy) eight years in a row. Nine times total.
* His teams won the Stanley Cup four times. Mike Bossy's Isles won it 4 times (in a row).
* His jersey number, 99, is retired by every single team in the NHL.
* His list of achievements go on and on and on...
* No steroids. No scandals. Just the most incredible athlete ever.

Happy Birthday, Wayne Gretzky! You're still my favorite player. I'm going to celebrate your birthday by playing as you on my vintage arcade game, "2 on 2 Open Ice Challenge"!
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Wayne Gretzky IS the greatest athlete of all-time. Not to mention my favorite athlete.
I'd like to argue Bobby was just as skilled/even more revolutionary, and Mario had his chance at being #1 ruined with Cancer. That being said, Gary Suter destroyed the chance at the Great one reaching 3000. Twice really. That dirty **** ruined Gretzky's, and Kariya's careers.

that being said, here's his daughter so you guys dont tear me apart.

What were we talking about again?

Last edited by Craigger; 11-29-2011 at 03:41 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread