Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Chara just got a boarding call.......

Old 03-10-2011, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
I saw an interview with him and the interviewer said, "The NHL is cracking down on deliberate head shots and you often have an impact on players heads. Marc Savard is out indefinitely due to your head shot. Do you feel you need to hit differently?" His response was, " That's my style of play. I don't care, I'm not changing anything." Just because of that answer I would throw his ass out of the League. There's a difference between being tough and being stupid and that guy's the latter. Other names that come to mind are Jordin Tootoo, Steve Downie, and Chris Pronger. Dustin Brown and Niklas Kronwall hit with the force to knock the earth out of it's rotational pull and they hit perfectly clean.
Maybe Cooke is different thank many thrown in the same category then. There are a lot of guys looked down upon because they make the big hits when guys have their heads down. I mean thats what Scott Stevens thrived upon. Also, Kronwall isn't the cleanest hitter either, he often leaves his feet.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:32 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
I hate Cooke. So happy to see this, even though the Bruins should have done it.

YouTube - Matt Cooke vs Evander Kane Apr 10, 2010 - SportSouth feed

Old 03-10-2011, 08:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
^^very dangerous but damn did kane throw a right

Old 03-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by slord
^^very dangerous but damn did kane throw a right
Cooke deserves it, wouldn't mind if it happened again to him. Him, Avery, and Bertuzzi should never be allowed to play hockey. I hate them.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JonA85
Cooke deserves it, wouldn't mind if it happened again to him. Him, Avery, and Bertuzzi should never be allowed to play hockey. I hate them.
Avery is just a pest really. I'm surprised Bertuzzi was allowed back, and I still have a distaste for him.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm surprised Bertuzzi was allowed back, and I still have a distaste for him.
After what he did, I could never forgive him. I wish they never allowed him back.

Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by JonA85
After what he did, I could never forgive him. I wish they never allowed him back.
Less brutal, but similar to Marty McSorley (spelling?). I'm still shocked he did that though because Bertuzzis actually is a skilled player.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Less brutal, but similar to Marty McSorley (spelling?). I'm still shocked he did that though because Bertuzzis actually is a skilled player.
Both should have never happened. But Bertuzzi ruined that kids career, he could never play again. I think he was 20 years old.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Bruins and Sabers are tied going into the thrid period and I have to leave to my own hockey game.

Edit: 3-2 Bruins

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread