Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Seeing as they will be in the Eastern Conference this coming year and Detroit part of the West that doesnt look too good mate. Then for the 2012-2013 season they will move to the West with and Detroit moving back to the East...so you may not get the chance for quite sometime...frustrations eh
Yea odds are against it :/ but I can hope. And if they do, I'm going 100%.

But whats this about detroit East? F that, send Columbus. Although with the wings in the East, I think we'd dominate a bit more.

Old 06-03-2011, 12:53 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord

But whats this about detroit East? F that, send Columbus. Although with the wings in the East, I think we'd dominate a bit more.
Seriously that team blows. Send them to the WNBA or somewhere else...

Old 06-03-2011, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
slord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond reputeslord has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 65°V12
Seriously that team blows. Send them to the WNBA or somewhere else...
Nash is the only thing good about that team. I can't help but wonder what her could have done with some support.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
Nash is a total monster. One of the most underrated players in the entire league. He always does a TON of damage to the Kings when he plays them.

Old 06-03-2011, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord

Three-way realignment battle looms in NHL

Three-way realignment battle looms in NHL | Hockey | Sports | Toronto Sun

With Winnipeg back in the NHL, the battle over realignment is set to begin in earnest.

Two league sources told QMI Agency that commissioner Gary Bettman faces a battle in the boardroom with three teams angling to move into the Eastern Conference to replace the Atlanta Thrashers.

The Detroit Red Wings, Columbus Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators all want to move.

Expect the Winnipeg franchise to take Atlanta's spot in the Southeast Division for now, as it's likely too late to make changes for the 2011-12 season. Those changes will be discussed over the next six months.

"This is going to be a huge fight," said a league executive.

The Wings have wanted in the East for more than a decade and many believe the Original Six club is finally going to get its wish.

The Jackets and Predators don't have nearly the history and aren't as big a draw on the road — facts that could actually work in their favour.

"The only problem for the Wings is they are a huge draw for a lot of the teams in the Western Conference," said another NHL executive. "They're not going to want to give up those dates when the Wings come to town.

"The Predators and Jackets don't draw nearly as many fans for a lot of those teams as Detroit does. There's going to be a lot of Western teams that won't want to see Detroit moved to the East."

Shifting the Wings to the East would also force realignment within the Northeast, Southeast and Atlantic divisions. It wouldn't make sense to have Detroit play in the south with Washington, Tampa, Carolina and Florida.

Last edited by McRae; 06-03-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:05 PM
This won't end well
I just started laughing. Eastern Conference is screwed if the Wings show up. The Wings are an insane franchise. They are a business model for the whole world. On a side not when I saw the Kings play the Thrashers last year the whole crowd was filled with Jets fans.

Sent from my DROID2 using Teamspeed

Old 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
I just started laughing. Eastern Conference is screwed if the Wings show up. The Wings are an insane franchise. They are a business model for the whole world. On a side not when I saw the Kings play the Thrashers last year the whole crowd was filled with Jets fans.

Sent from my DROID2 using Teamspeed
They are indeed...just means theyll toughen us up lil more to face off against the West now win win!!!

Old 06-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Thumbs up

On a side not when I saw the Kings play the Thrashers last year the whole crowd was filled with Jets fans.
Quebec Nordiques fans traveled to NY to show their support to get a team back...now THATS commitment!!!

YouTube - ‪Thrashers vs Islanders - 3rd period - Nordiques Nation !‬‏
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEvi2TOES0

Old 06-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Sounds like the league is becoming a bit of a clusterfvck. Nashville runs on central time so you would think they would be the last to head east, but they also would fit best in the south. Columbus is the least desirable but that also makes them the easiest to move. Detroit is going to cause the most commotion. It would be better for the team to be east, no long road trips out west, easier competition (IMO) but it would also, as the article notes, piss off a lot of west teams.

Us or Columbus moving east would cause such an issue with the division alignment while Winnipeg would fit right in to the central division or if not an easy swap with Minnesota could happen. Problem is no other teams fit into the southeast division.

Should be interesting to watch this all unfold.

Last edited by slord; 06-03-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread