Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win the 2011 Stanley Cup????
Vancouver Canucks
64.29%
Boston Bruins
35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

The Official NHL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
That team from up north and WAY west may make you wait even longer.
Shhhhhhhhh, lets beat the Lightning first. Me and everyone in Boston is enjoying this ride. And yes the West is lights out.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:34 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Shhhhhhhhh, lets beat the Lightning first. Me and everyone in Boston is enjoying this ride. And yes the West is lights out.
Lol, rootin for u brotha... We won Lat year so I'm a happy camper! Now if it's da sharks vs bruins I have to go with San Jose.... Mi Mama is a die-hard!

Old 05-19-2011, 11:39 PM
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C Money
Lol, rootin for u brotha... We won Lat year so I'm a happy camper! Now if it's da sharks vs bruins I have to go with San Jose.... Mi Mama is a die-hard!
I would like the Sharks to win also (only because their AHL team is next door to me so I can get tickets easy) but I doubt they will beat the Canucks. They are a powerhouse.

Old 05-19-2011, 11:49 PM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
I would like the Sharks to win also (only because their AHL team is next door to me so I can get tickets easy) but I doubt they will beat the Canucks. They are a powerhouse.
Ya doesn't look to good for them right now... Hell after almost blowing a 3-0 lead last series, who knows!

Old 05-20-2011, 12:23 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
At least you guys have someone to root for...

Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
eomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant futureeomrag has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by 65°V12
At least you guys have someone to root for...
+1!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:33 AM
Don't worry I was in your shoes last year, not a good feeling. You can always cheer for the Bruins.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
Right. Now Bettman.

Bettman: No deal to move Thrashers so far *| ajc.com

Nothings happening yet, and I doubt either team will be there next season seing as its so late for all of the logistics.
First...Bettman is an Idiot and lies thru his teeth...

Second...They have already made TWO scedules for next year...one that includes the Jets and the other includes the Thrashers...

The window is NOT closed yet...plenty of time sir. Follow TSN.ca...they have alllllllllllll the info on the goings on...Canadian media is all over this like white on rice.

Last edited by McRae; 05-20-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:35 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
MAYOR: JUST A 'MATTER OF TIME' BEFORE WINNIPEG DEAL DONE

Mayor: Just a 'matter of time' before deal Winnipeg deal done

WINNIPEG -- It's just "a matter of time" before a deal to move the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg is finalized and announced, the city's mayor said Friday.

Mayor Sam Katz said the deal to bring an NHL team back to Winnipeg is going to happen. There is an understanding the deal will move forward but nothing is signed, sealed and delivered yet, he said.

Katz said he's been in touch with Winnipeg's True North Sports and Entertainment, the company negotiating the sale, and has been told there is nothing official -- yet.

"I do believe this will happen and it's long overdue," Katz said in an interview. "The Jets never should have left here . . . After 15 years, we'll all be ecstatic to have them back. There is no doubt that the fan base is there. The corporate support is there."

True North Sports and Entertainment have been quietly negotiating with the Atlanta Thrashers about moving the team north of the border. Despite a report Thursday night that a deal is done, both the NHL and True North have said nothing has been decided yet.

That hasn't stopped Winnipeg hockey fans from celebrating.

Excitement about the return of NHL hockey is growing in the city with fans now buzzing about what the team should be called and wondering how soon they can buy tickets. Some fans took to the streets late Thursday night, waving Jets jerseys -- still a best-seller in the city -- and cheering "Go, Jets, Go!"

Winnipeg lost its beloved Jets in 1996 when the team moved to Phoenix because of financial problems. Since then, Winnipeg has built a new arena -- the MTS centre -- and has argued it can support an NHL franchise once again.

"This is a very different Winnipeg than it was 15 years ago," Katz said.

Seeing an NHL team play on Winnipeg ice once again would have special meaning for Thomas Steen. He played for the Winnipeg Jets for 14 years and is now a city councillor. Steen broke down crying when it was announced in 1995 that the money-losing Jets were leaving Winnipeg.

Like some other skeptical fans, Steen said he's trying not to get his hopes up until the deal is official.

"We've been close before," he said. "I'm trying not to get too excited but of course, I'm excited. It sounds for real this time."

At the 4Play sports bar across from Winnipeg's MTS Centre, co-owner Oreanna Cheater said the excitement is palpable. The return of the Jets is all anyone is talking about.

"It's been an up-and-down roller-coaster but I'm very, very excited about it. I think it's for sure this time, it's actually going to happen," she said. "I don't think my son slept a wink last night. He is unbelievably excited."

Cheater believes Winnipeg fans will show their loyalty.

"When something is taken away from you, it opens your eyes and you say 'Oh, oh. We weren't doing our jobs'," she said.

David Kehler shared season tickets to the Jets with his grandfather before the team left the city. Their departure was "devastating" and Kehler said he can't wait to watch an NHL team on home ice again.

"I'm just waiting for that call to put a deposit down on a season ticket," said Kehler, who has started an online petition calling for the prospective Winnipeg team to be called the Jets. "It seems like it's just inevitable at this point."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1poD...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF9MjImaJhs

Last edited by McRae; 05-20-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:32 PM

Quick Reply: The Official NHL Thread