Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Reached A Dream Today - My Angels Seat Selection Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 06:02 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
went to a few rangers games & sat behind the plate, fun as hell. congrats brother.

so what do you think about the wells signing? i think we just picked up napoli yesterday. if im ever in your neck of the woods we gotta go see a game.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Still waiting for you to come and see a game with me E.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
I fully intend to join you for a game this year Dana and i really appreciate the offer I'm pretty sure I'll be in the OC for biz in June.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
went to a few rangers games & sat behind the plate, fun as hell. congrats brother.

so what do you think about the wells signing? i think we just picked up napoli yesterday. if im ever in your neck of the woods we gotta go see a game.
If you are ever in the area, we will go.

Picking up Vernon Wells would have been great - 5 years ago.

Now he is just more of the same kind of player the Angels have been dealing in since 2004 - once great players who are now overpaid and well past their prime.

Torii Hunter, Bobby Abreu, Hideki Matsui, Gary Matthews Jr. (was he ever great?) and Darren Oliver all come to mind over the past couple of years.

We won't miss Juan Rivera or Mike Napoli that much. Rivera was never the same after he broke his leg before the 2006 season and Napoli strikes out way too much. Plus, he is a below average to poor defensive catcher.

I do not expect the Angels to compete for the division with Texas.

I will just be happy for a winning record.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:12 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
ya man that wells contract is still massive, like 86 left right? i know what you mean though, we've got oliver on the books till 2012. i think you are selling yourself short though, you guys are still pretty damn formidable. i know no one down here is taking the angels lightly thats for sure.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Given the conversations Mr. Barrister and I have during the season I can only imagine the smile on his face right now!!!

Congrats this is going to be a totally different experience at the game!!!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
We have a nice starting 5 with Haren, Weaver, Santana, Pineiro and - hopefully healthy - Kazmir.

But our pen is still weak. We should have burned Fernando Rodney at the stake, but he is still around.

The addition of Scott Downs and Hisanori Takahashi should help.

But we are still missing a second big bat to protect Kendry Morales.

And speaking of Kendry, who knows how he will respond after missing most of last season with a broken leg.

He broke that leg on a homerun trot after hitting a game-winning grand slam against the Mariners.

I was there and it was one of the strangest things I have ever seen in sports.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
Given the conversations Mr. Barrister and I have during the season I can only imagine the smile on his face right now!!!

Congrats this is going to be a totally different experience at the game!!!
Thanks brother!!

At least I will have more exciting iPhone pics to distribute to our texting group!

Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 PM
FIGJAM
obviously we are still smarting from lee's departure even though the whole city knew it was coming. the question was just who he would go to. anyway pitching is back to its typical weak state, we have a few bats and thats about it. as long as hamilton only has $20 in his pocket that is

Old 01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^ You still have CJ Wilson. He is very good and getting better.

You probably know that he is a big car guy and a BBI Autosport customer.

I have met him personally at the shop several times.

Cool dude.

Quick Reply: Reached A Dream Today - My Angels Seat Selection Day