Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:33 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Fedor Emelianenko Cut From Strikeforce Following Third Straight Loss

Fedor Emelianenko Cut From Strikeforce Following Third Straight Loss

"PHILADELPHIA -- The "Last Emperor" has seen his last fight in Strikeforce.

Fedor Emelianenko will be cut from the promotion following his loss to Dan Henderson at last Saturday's Strikeforce/M-1 Fedor vs. Henderson event.

UFC president Dana White -- a co-owner of Strikeforce parent company Zuffa LLC -- confirmed the news following the UFC 133 press conference on Thursday.

"He's being cut, yeah," White told the media. "Why? Do you think we should keep him?"

The loss was the third straight for Emelianenko after an unbeaten stretch that spanned nearly a decade.

His loss to Henderson came at 4:12 of round one. Prior to that, he had lost to Antonio Silva via TKO and Fabricio Werdum by submission.

"You guys thought he was the pound-for-pound best in the world, but I thought he was overrated for years," White said.

The 34-year-old Emelianenko (31-4, 1 no contest) said after the Henderson fight that he would take some time to consider retirement upon returning home to Russia, but if he chooses to return, he will first have to shop his services around to find a new promoter."

Old 08-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Old 08-04-2011, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
It broke my heart seeing fedor fall, I always thought he should have stopped fighting after pride, he had nathing to gain n Soo much to loose, hes a hero in his native land n I wish it remained that way, all pride fighters left lost n confused,

Really makes me sad seeing him like this

Old 08-05-2011, 08:10 AM
Old 08-08-2011, 01:37 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Old 08-08-2011, 04:39 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Renovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond reputeRenovatiopr has a reputation beyond repute
^ I knew Vitor would KO Akiyama, but impressive nonetheless.

UFC 133 was pretty good. I found this hilarious:

With no “Submission of the Night” to award, White gave Brian Ebersole a “thanks for getting those horrifying shorts off tv as soon as possible” bonus for his win over Speedo-wearing veteran Dennis Hallman.
Source: UFC 133 Attendance and Bonuses: Evans, Ortiz, Belfort, and Ebersole Earn $70K Bonuses - MMAFrenzy.com

Old 08-08-2011, 04:18 PM
Rory MacDonald FTW!!!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
dang...Hamill Retires...

UFC's Matt Hamill announces retirement

"After 13 fights inside the octagon, Matt Hamill has decided to retire from MMA.

The UFC light heavyweight today made the announcement on his personal website.

Hamill (10-4 MMA, 9-4 UFC) suffered a second-round TKO loss to Alexander Gustaffson this past Saturday at UFC 133, which was his second consecutive setback following a decision defeat to Quinton "Rampage" Jackson at UFC 130.

"To be honest with you, after 'Rampage,' he was done," Hamill's trainer and manager, Duff Holmes, today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com). "He told me, 'I just can't stand the constant pain.'"

The born-deaf fighter suffered several injuries throughout the course of his career in the UFC, including a pinched nerve in his neck that ailed him prior to the Jackson fight. He also re-injured his shoulder, which was separated in his December 2009 fight with now-champ Jon Jones.

"I was ready to make this decision after UFC 130, but my friends, family, coaches and most importantly my daughter encouraged me to give it one last chance," Hamill wrote in his announcement. "My career has been plagued by injuries starting with 'The Ultimate Fighter' and disrupted my training ever since.

"There hasn't been even one training camp where I've been able to train without training around an injury. I have not been kind to my body, and it has nothing left after 28 years of nonstop competition. It's time to finally give it a rest."

Hamill, a lifetime wrestler, and Holmes will continue to train fighters at their gym, Mohawk Valley MMA, in upstate New York.

"I couldn't be prouder of him, and he's taken me on this amazing journey he's been on," Holmes said. "He has nothing to hang his head about."

The 34-year-old Hamill leaves the octagon with a 9-4 record (10-4 overall). He has notable career victories over former champ Tito Ortiz, Keith Jardine and Mark Munoz. Although he is the only man to hold a win over Jones, he doesn't consider it one due to the outcome of the fight (Jones was disqualified for illegal elbows).

A three-time Division III wrestling champ at Rochester Institute of Technology, Hamill first became known to fans on "The Ultimate Fighter 3." He won a preliminary fight on the reality show but was forced to withdraw with a concussion.

A movie based on Hamill's life is set for a fall release.

"Thank you to all my training partners who have shared their blood sweat and tears with me along the way," the fighter said. "Thank you to all my friends and family for their unconditional support and most of all thank you to my fans! It's the fans that have made this the truly special experience it has been."

Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!